Greetings from the Colorado Buffaloes

Buffalo Bob

This board is not an English class or a legal document.... Big deal if he didn't spell a word correctly or can't type perfectly... Ben Franklin and Mark Twain both have quotes that basicly states "Every intelligent man ought to be able to spell a word at least 2 or 3 different ways". ( neither were exactly dumb, Franklin was one of the most intelligent man ever produced in America and was considered the wealthiest American at the time of the revolution )

[ I was a Mathematics major, who understands calculus, statistics, etc. and am not a great speller. Can English majors do calculus???? I suppose I should look down on them and make fun of their math skills... in fact some don't even have a klue what calculus kan du. ]

UNT is my alma-meiter or matre or mater (twice)..., whatever.

lighten-up..!!

Alma Meter? Is that what a commuter calls his/her school? huh.gif

If you're such a big-time CU fan, why the hell didn't you go to school there?

In case you don't know it, CU has more than enough fans. And they would never notice it if you stopped being a fan. North Texas might notice however.

Sorry to sound ungracious, but North Texas graduates who are "big-time fans" of other schools really burn me up. mad.gif

Uh, does this mean I should cancel my Mean Green Club membership? I didn't graduate from NT, but I still support NT as well as the school I graduated from.

Is this wrong? Should I send all of my money to that school and not spend part of it at NT?

WOW!!! CALM DOWN GUYS!!! WE WILL WIN ANOTHER GAME SOMETIME THIS SEASON!!!! smile.gif

Amen Tigre..!! When things get difficult or don't go right some folks panic and start shooting in every direction... The program is in better shape than it was 5-10 years ago. We will get better. The good old days were never as good as some people want to picture them and the present probably isn't as bad as some want to make out. [ unless you are a SMU grad ].

I still haven't figured out the UT game... are they that good or are we that bad.?? Their defensive line ate us alive and without an offense the defense stands no chance since they are constantly on the field. Didn't see the FAU game (live in West Texas).

If she is an alum then she is Mean Green! You can't deny it, you can only deal with it!!

She spit out #74 at half time of the Cowboys Niners game when Dwight Clark made the catch, what can I say if you $hit out an O-Lineman 22 years ago I doubt you gonna let a little thing like your alma mater get in the way of rooting for the O-Lineman. She is a keeper so UNT must of done somethin right. blink.gif

Judging from the "terms of endearment" you use for your wife and her child birth skills, I would guess you played football at CU and are a big supporter of Barnett and the administration in Boulder? You seem to take the same approach to women as they do.

Folks, I would have reacted to BuffaloBob the same way the week before last years NO bowl game. His "typo" of "mater" just happened to fall directly onto a hot button issue of mine.

That "issue" is people who go to North Texas, accept a degree from their "Alma Mater"(which means Fostering or Nurturing Mother) and then going around being ashamed of their "mother" who (educationally) "fostered" and "nurtured" them.

If I moved to another state, I would proudly hang my degree on the wall. I would wish the local team well in their season (unless they were playing my "Alma Mater") but I would proudly declare where my true loyalties were. I have to believe that even the most "fanatic" supporters of other schools would have to respect my "position", even if they didn't think much of my school (which I wouldn't care if they did).

If GreenTiger wants to "adopt" North Texas, then that's fine with me. But I would hope that he continues to contribute an equal or greater amount to his "Alma Mater". And I would hope that he never hid the fact that he attended another school,........or was ever ashamed of it........like too many of OUR graduates do.

I will NEVER "lighten-up" when people come to this board and (essentially) rub our noses in the fact that they came to North Texas, got their degree from here, but are loyal to some other "big time" program.

When I was a kid, my favorite team was UT. When I signed up for my first class at North Texas, UT became "that Texas team that I occasionally watched on TV and only pulled for when they played OU........or A$M......or $MU...etc."

I'm sorry if I sounded ungracious (which I said in my original post), but this is a real "hot button" issue with me.

This was Buffalo Bobs response to us over on the nettubuffs.com board. And Silver, I am glad you said everything you did - that has to be the attitude in every one of us.

I think they are just healthy fans. In the 80's and most of the 90's

they were a division ii school. They are trying to earn back the

respect of a D1 team. Their reaction is based on history and the all-

too common instances where their own students still treat them as a D-

2 School. They are fumed at the Longhorns, A&M and Tech jerseys being

worn on campus and I think my post over there simply falls into that

category. If they weren't pissed then they have no hope of being a

great D1 School with their own tradition someday. Their reaction is a

good sign. Mark my word, they will pass CSU up very soon for support

and attendance.

When I went to UNT in the early to mid-80's Fouts field was getting

about 5K fans per game. I stayed in my dorm and watched Texas, A&M

and top programs on TV with my roomates. You think they went to

school to watch UNT play football? They didn't consider UNT

competition for their own powerful local teams like Texas or Texas

A&M or in those days, SMU.

Now, they are back in D1 ball and trying to garner the support of the

area and their alumns.. I fully support their attitude. I wish them

all the future success in the world, but this Saturday, I hope we rip

them by about 50 points.

Judging from the "terms of endearment" you use for your wife and her child birth skills, I would guess you played football at CU and are a big supporter of Barnett and the administration in Boulder? You seem to take the same approach to women as they do.

Glad to see I'm not the only one offended by that.