Greetings from the Colorado Buffaloes

Buffalo Bob

I graduated from UNT in '86. Though, I'm a big-time CU fan, I still have a soft spot in my heart for my alma meter. Not many of us cared about the NTSU football team in those days. We were Div 1AA and didn't get many to the games. I'm excited that UNT is now a 1A school and with the hotbed of talent in Texas, I believe they will someday join a major conference and compete head to head with the state's best teams. Denton is a thriving town. I think North Texas football is destined for some great success down the road.

I was born and raised in Colorado, but went to school at UNT. I met a beautiful Texas woman (there are alot of them down there) and have been happily married for 19 years. My wife isn't much of a football fan, but she got us 4 tickets for the family to see the game Saturday evening. We're excited.

I hope you guys don't have a few tricks up your sleeves. I am always nervous playing a large underdog.

Barnett's teams have not been known to blow out many opponents. The games always seem to be tough and in doubt until late in the 4th quarter, regardless of the opponent.

For those of you going to the game, enjoy beautiful Colorado while you're here!

I graduated from UNT in '86. Though, I'm a big-time CU fan, I still have a soft spot in my heart for my alma meter.

Alma Meter? Is that what a commuter calls his/her school? huh.gif

If you're such a big-time CU fan, why the hell didn't you go to school there?

In case you don't know it, CU has more than enough fans. And they would never notice it if you stopped being a fan. North Texas might notice however.

Sorry to sound ungracious, but North Texas graduates who are "big-time fans" of other schools really burn me up. mad.gif

Edited by SilverEagle

Alma Meter? Is that what a commuter calls his/her school? huh.gif

If you're such a big-time CU fan, why the hell didn't you go to school there?

In case you don't know it, CU has more than enough fans. And they would never notice it if you stopped being a fan. North Texas might notice however.

Sorry to sound ungracious, but North Texas graduates who are "big-time fans" of other schools really burn me up. mad.gif

Thank you for showing some balls Silver. I was pissed when I read it too.

Someone can go ahead and bash me for this statement:

If you want to be a "big time fan" of another school and enroll at NT, please just go enroll at that school. If they didn't accept you then you are as pathetic as the dork in High School that wouldn't quit going after the same girl after being rejected time and time again.

I haven't lived in Texas since the mid-70s but I'm a Mean Green Club member and also the NT Exes. Sure, I don't live near any games now but I've lived near places we've played and I made every game. Yes, we got blown out by Arizona State and even lost to Northern Arizona (at least there was an effort. After a late TD by us, we tried to run for two because we were one point down. It didn't work but we tried.)

Right now Fresno State is close so I try to make games there. But if NT was playing close by I'd be there instead.

In fact, I even made the softball tourney in Fresno to watch our ladies play against the best teams in the country, incl. national champion Arizona. Hey, aside from a few parents, I was the only "fan" at the games.

I have spoken with Buffalo Bob a bit on PM now, and I do have to see he is a very sincere guy, even if we disagree on the "support your school/support who you rooted for as a child" issue.

It's too bad that CU will view us that way, cause we are normally one of the nicest boards you will find. Compared to BaylorFans.com we are Saints.

Guest JohnDenver

I thought he sounded very sincere. I appreciate his post. I can understand that he wasn't completely behind he school in 86, but times are changed and I hope finds his Mean Green spirit soon.

He supports his local school and that is fine in my opinion. However, he should also side with UNT on this one.

BB, thanks for coming though. We do appreciate it.

By the way - Some folks on the CU board found this thread, and now just think the world of our fans. 

They called us "ungracious jerks"

F'em if they can't take a joke.

laugh.gif

GMG!!!!

Funny, I was about to say F'em to the guy that did not understand my, sig regarding CU President Betsy Hoffmans, comments about the C-word being a term of endearment.

Intially though, bob was not received well at all.

Greetings from Buff HQ in Dallas, TX, my wife is an alum but she is a Buff fan through and through due to having given birth to a Buff. Go easy on Buffalo Bob he's always talked up his school on netbuffs and isn't a flamer unlike me who proudly got banned from netbuffs and hornfans. Here's to an injury free rout of the mean green. biggrin.gif

HighFlyer - In response to your original post.

Our offense was really supposed to be the better of the 2 this year. Cobbs had a thumb injury for the first 2 games, and then injured his knee against FAU. He was supposed to be the workhorse, and that hasn't worked out.

The jury is still out on whether our defense is reloading or rebuilding, though if it's a reload, it must be with a musket rifle, cause it's taking forever. We lost a great lineman in Brandon "Booger" Kennedy, as well as all three of our starting Linebackers. We had some linemen with experience to step in, but our new linebackers had one or two starts between them coming into the season. So to say our game against UT was a baptism by fire is a bit of an understatement. They were better last week, and hopefully will conitnue to improve this week.

Back to offense - We've got receivers who can make plays, but to this point it's been inconsistant. Moore is a solid back up, as is Freshman Jamario Thomas, but it's hard to replace Cobbs.

GMG!!!!

Edited by Mad Hatter

my wife is an alum but she is a Buff fan through and through

If she is an alum then she is Mean Green! You can't deny it, you can only deal with it!!

She spit out #74 at half time of the Cowboys Niners game when Dwight Clark made the catch, what can I say if you $hit out an O-Lineman 22 years ago I doubt you gonna let a little thing like your alma mater get in the way of rooting for the O-Lineman. She is a keeper so UNT must of done somethin right. blink.gif