At the Game

untgirl04

OHMYGOD! ohmy.gif It's the "Night of the living Dead-Thread". ohmy.gif

I agree! It is no wonder people around the country don't take the program seriously. If anyone comes a lurking on this board we sure make it easy for them to question our fan support and facilities and the direction the program is taking.

If you seriously had problems at the game surely there is a better way to address the issues without airing the dirty laundry on a public forum.

On a positive note my family had a great time at the tailgate and the game and encountered no problems with the facilities or the ushers.

But you can be sure that if I we had I would have contacted the Athletic Dept to address my concerns and not came on here bitching about it because no one on this board would have been able to address my concerns anyway!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree! It is no wonder people around the country don't take the program seriously. If anyone comes a lurking on this board we sure make it easy for them to question our fan support and facilities and the direction the program is taking.

We have been getting a little Baylor-like the past couple of weeks.

You know how we can solve all this? WINNING.

If we win...who cares about tar. huh.gif

But for now... we are all pissed about losing and have to vent at something.

Edited by ipEAGLE

" I agree! It is no wonder people around the country don't take the program seriously. "

That could be because we lost to FAU and lose almost every out of conference game. blink.gif

But you can be sure that if I we had I would have contacted the Athletic Dept to address my concerns and not came on here bitching about it because no one on this board would have been able to address my concerns anyway!

Excellent post! Right on the point.

My personal philosophy -- Don't complain about things. Instead, take action to fix it.

Once again, Shaft has the tail wagging the dog. We who chose to attend the games are consumers. Living in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, there are hundreds of places we can choose to spend our disposable income.

If the UNT athletic departments wants us to continue to spend our disposable income on their product - North Texas athletics - then they will do what they can to make our experiences at Fouts Field, the Super Pit, etc. as pleasant as possible. As it stands, many of us have experienced poor service in the past.

Having spent our money with the UNT athletic department, we have every right to complain to the UNT athletic department if something is not right. I think it's safe to say about 100% of us have never gone to a sporting events and had to sit in tar. Also, expecting the school to have its concessions in order is not too much to ask. This isn't the athletic department's first year in the business of hosting college football games. They should know what to expect by now.

The bottom line is we are consumers of what the UNT athletic department produces when we choose to attend one of the sporting events it hosts. If things are not right, it is our right and duty to tell them about it. Whether or not Shaft (a.k.a Karl Marx) likes it, that is the way capitalism works.

We do not have to accept poor quality out of the athletic department we support financially anymore than shareholders in a corporation have to accept poor earnings results. And, in fact, most of us on this board do desire a higher quality product when it comes to UNT football or else we would not voice our displeasure.

If you set the bar low, you get low results. If you set the bar high, you get higher results. UNT needs to aim higher in its customer service in some areas.

"And then they looked at me funny when I showed them by homemade UNT ID"

Boo-frigging Hoo.  If your really a student, you are susposed to get a new style student ID. 

"Well, I'm going to write RV"

Do you write Bill Gates when your PC doesn't work?  Why don't some you try to work with the AD department instead of aimlessly trying to go straight for the top.    Why are you boggin RV down with your minor complaints.  Wouldn't you rather have him working on donors for a new stadium, than forwarding your emails back down the chain of command in the AD.

Well since this seems to be directed at my experience......

1. Why should I have to pay $10.00 for a new ID card when I already have one that works?

2. Just because I may not have a new wellsfargo card, doesn't mean the guy checking ID's is allowed to be an ass.

3. I never said I was going to write RV.

If people don't like others posting about a bad experience at gameday then the AD needs to do something about people not having bad experiences. I didn't choose to contact the deptartment because I saw that others were.

People will question fan support MORE if most of the threads were about how much we hate Dickey, play calling sucks, we don't have a Defense, and other such threads.

The reason people go to higher ups to complain is because the frontline workers just don't care as much. Do you think I can walk into Wal-mart and tell some 15 year old kid all my problems and compaints with Wal-Mart? Or am I going to go get the store manager?

Saying that you could contact the president for a pot hole, or Bill Gates for a PC problem is a straw man fallacy. If we were to use your analogy of contacting the president or bill gates, it would mean people would be complaining to the chancellor of the whole university.

I think its OK to complain about things here.

I think its better to send a polite letter or phone call to the person in the AD who is in charge of the area you would like to see changes in.

I think 8 pages of this is good enough.

Exorcizo te, omnis spiritus immunde!

Now, go in peace... err... I mean: Go Mean Green!