please show up for the tune up game

Longhorn4Life

I hope the north texas players show up and give us a good tune up game before the real season begins. I don't mind going to these tune up games with teams like north texas but when we blow them out by some 10 td's or more it gets really boring real fast.

So north texas fans and players show up for the tune up game and give us your full 110% and not just show up to collect the money.

I hope the north texas players show up and give us a good tune up game before the real season begins. I don't mind going to these tune up games with teams like north texas but when we blow them out by some 10 td's or more it gets really boring real fast.

So north texas fans and players show up for the tune up game and give us your full 110% and not just show up to collect the money.

Check last year's scores for both ut and NT vs. OU and see who the tune-up game was against! tongue.gif

oh maybe I touched a nerve but people get real. You people honestly think major teams like mighty UT schedule small school like north texas to help our attendance or tv ratings. UT, LSU, Michigan and all the other major division I-A teams routienly schedule little small schools like north texas at the beginning of the season to fine tune the team.

Greenbat--ahhh sorry to see you have taken such negative attitude but that doesn't surprise me.

Edited by Longhorn4Life

Trolls are funny. We'll tune you up for another scoreless half of football, sound good? Your QB had a great tune up last time we played. And the most overrated RB in the nation couldn't break 50 yards? You'll have to do better than that to call us a tune up horn boy.

Sorry to respond, but it livens things up a bit. ph34r.gif

Mmmm...I'm heading out to Saltgrass for dinner. And I booked my plane tickets yesterday for Notre Dame/Michigan. And I can't freaking wait for NT football to start.

Also, I plan on drinking tonight...and I think I will top off the night with some pizza from The Tomato.

Edited by JayDub

Damn,

I miss Denton pizza. The Tomato, TJ's, even Andy's Pizza is great. As far as the Shorthorn is concerned; I think he should enroll in English Composition 101 at North Texas. His grammar is a bit on the weak side... or as Shorthorn would write "A bit week side".

Benson pleads no contest to misdemeanor, gets jail time

05:17 PM CDT on Friday, August 6, 2004

AUSTIN -- University of Texas senior running back Cedric Benson must serve eight days in jail.

Benson on Friday pleaded no contest to misdemeanor criminal trespassing for an incident during the 2003 season.

Austin police say Benson forced his way into an apartment last October to search for a stolen television.

The charge was a Class A misdemeanor punishable by up to one year in jail.

Benson also must pay a $1,000 fine and up to $600 in restitution for the apartment's damaged door -- and court costs.

Benson will serve his jail time on weekends.

He was booked into the Travis County Jail Friday. He'll be with the Longhorns when the team reports to training camp Monday.

Benson should finish his jail term before the Sept. 4 opener against North Texas.

Benson said he made a mistake and is taking responsibility for his actions.

This is Texas on opening day of the season--- [win, loss] record of opponent

1986---lost to Stamford................[8-4]

1987---lost to Auburn...................[9-1-2

1988---lost to BYU........................[9-4]

1989---lost to Colorado................[11-1]

1990---defeated Penn State........[9-3]

1991---lost to Miss State..............[7-5]

1992---lost to Miss State..............[7-5]

1993---lost to Colorado................[8-3-1]

1994---defeated Pittsburgh..........[3-8]

1995---defeated Hawaii................[4-8]

1996---defeated Missouri..............[5-6]

1997---defeated Rutgers..............[0-11]

1998---defeated NMSU.................[1-10]

1999---lost to North Carolina St...[6-6]

2000---defeated LaLa..................[1-10]

2001---defeated NMSU.................[5-7]

2002---defeated North Texas.......[8-5]

2003---defeated NMSU.................[3-9]

2004--- UNT...???

TEXAS DOESN"T LOOK ALL THAT GREAT ON OPENING DAY AGAINST TEAMS WITH WINNING RECORDS.

THE ONLY WINNING TEAMS THEY DEFEATED WAS PENN STATE AND UNT (after UNT lost the starting QB in Q1)

The steer has a real selective memory, seems we did about 30 points better against OU than they did. When did Texas last win their conf??? We have won the last 3 years.