Alumni Pavillion Expansion Update 7.21.18

Harry

4 hours ago, TreeFiddy said:

I always figured Harry was a being from the future, now I have proof.

I assume you are the last to know.  Keep a cold beer in his hand at tailgate and get to know him.  Once you gain his confidence, he might even drop a few winning numbers from a future PowerBall or MegaMillions drawing.

After Friday, July 9, 2021 and Tuesday, July 26, 2021, I plan to write a check for the Apogee expansion...Thanks, Harry!

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Prior to the game  there will be a ribbon cutting for the expansion section of the Pavilion provided for by members of the UNT Diamond Eagles.  All Diamond Eagle members are invited to attend the ribbon cutting ceremony.  

And, unfortunately, as has been earlier reported, no cover on the expansion area this season.  The bids came in way  way above budget for that addition.  But, the Alumni Association is looking at ways to reduce the cost and add some sort of covering for future years.

• Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, NT91 said:

Does the $10 get you the buffet ?

Yes.  Note the “buffet” is very limited.   It’s usually very good, but limited.   Most often  in the times I’ve been they’ve had a few different sausages wrapped in tortillas.   I’ve been before when they had hot dogs and I’ve been when they had baked potatoes stuffed with BBQ.  It’s usually just one entree type item.  (They have a single grill to cook on, though it’s a nice grill.)  They’ll have a free nonalcoholic beverage like tea or some sugary green drink.  Sometimes they’ll have a special item for the kids, like green cotton candy. 

Overall, the food is pretty good, but don’t expect a big spread with a lot of choices.  Just setting expectations.   Beer and (I think) wine are for sale, but I don’t believe you can leave with it.  They have live music and 3 or so TV’s with various football games.  They shut things down a half hour before kickoff. 

Honestly, the $40 route is the way to go, especially this early in the season. You can get in for the full year plus you get the other Alumni Association perks, like discounts at the team store.  I think you can join right there at the doors to the pavilion.  You don’t have to be an alum either.  

Edited by UNT 90 Grad