DRC: C-USA media days coverage (Day 1)

Brett Vito

The Roadrunners are using the way the season ended as motivation.

UTSA coach Frank Wilson said. “I like how our team responded. If those situations arise again, it won’t be new to us. That will allow us to be more prepared.”

Yeah, UTSA will be more prepared for dealing with losing. That will be really helpful for them this season.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Harry said:

"We have been understaffed in recruiting."

How is that possible?  Glad things are going well now but damn man how can something that important be overlooked just a couple of years ago?

Perhaps the previous staff thought top tier recruits would line up on their own to come play in Denton.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, meanrob said:

How is that possible? Lousy leadership. 

It's all about the money.   I have always said that this program would go nowhere until it found more donors and more season ticket buyers.  They have done both to some extent and have increased the student fee.  This extra money is proving transformational.  

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, HoustonEagle said:

It's all about the money.   I have always said that this program would go nowhere until it found more donors and more season ticket buyers.  They have done both to some extent and have increased the student fee.  This extra money is proving transformational.  

I hear you but the reality is, it takes the administration and BOR to step things up and put us in a position to succeed.  Getting the stadium built was a huge milestone, but it should have happened decades prior.  What we are seeing happen now is the culmination of the past decade transformation of funding program at an appropriate level to be competitive.

Yet even still we read in a Vito article yesterday that Littrell's recruiting staff was underfunded just a couple of years ago and it makes you realize how much further we have to go.   Smatresk, Littrell and Wren won't stay here for forever, and my biggest worry is that the next guy/gal is not able to keep the train going in the right direction.

It does feel great to witness the program finally start hitting on all cylinders and envision what it could become.   And this is just the beginning as with more great news just around the corner.   🤐

4 hours ago, Harry said:

It does feel great to witness the program finally start hitting on all cylinders and envision what it could become.   And this is just the beginning as with more great news just around the corner.   🤐

Don't do that to me... 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Harry said:

I hear you but the reality is, it takes the administration and BOR to step things up and put us in a position to succeed.  Getting the stadium built was a huge milestone, but it should have happened decades prior.  What we are seeing happen now is the culmination of the past decade transformation of funding program at an appropriate level to be competitive.

Yet even still we read in a Vito article yesterday that Littrell's recruiting staff was underfunded just a couple of years ago and it makes you realize how much further we have to go.   Smatresk, Littrell and Wren won't stay here for forever, and my biggest worry is that the next guy/gal is not able to keep the train going in the right direction.

I think as long as we hold onto Chancellor Roe and BOR members of the crop we've had in the last ten years, we may not have to worry about this as much. 

For as thorough Roe's credentials and expertise are in managing STEM-minded organizations, funding, et al, she is also very well-acquainted with the value of sports to universities. Her son is a Redshirt-JR DT at Virginia Tech, if you recall.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1