Planning Mean Green Shenanigans in Fayetteville

I secured my visiting section ticket yesterday and my AirBnB this morning. I'm officially way too excited for this weekend jaunt to potentially upend the Hogs.

It's been four or five years since I was up in that part of the State, and then it was to officiate my best friends' wedding.

Any particular bar or spots folks have their eye on to turn into Mean Green central? I'm thinking of JBGB's, Dickson Street in general, and then visiting Crystal Bridges art museum that Sunday on my way out.

• Thanks 2

My dad played there in the 40's and they have always been a distant second as far as teams I follow.  Absolutely beautiful campus and part of the state.  Not so much a Jerry Jones fan.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

22 hours ago, Christopher Walker said:

I secured my visiting section ticket yesterday and my AirBnB this morning. I'm officially way too excited for this weekend jaunt to potentially upend the Hogs.

It's been four or five years since I was up in that part of the State, and then it was to officiate my best friends' wedding.

Any particular bar or spots folks have their eye on to turn into Mean Green central? I'm thinking of JBGB's, Dickson Street in general, and then visiting Crystal Bridges art museum that Sunday on my way out.

I'm a Denton Expat living in Fayetteville. JBGB's is a nice, open, outdoor friendly spot, but it's a good 20+ minute drive to general stadium location on gamedays. And that's probably generous. On Dickson there are several Hog friendly bars and some that are pretty indifferent to the whole "game day" atmosphere. I guess it depends on what kind of crowd you're looking for. I'm a fan of Smoke & Barrel and Brewski's Draft Emporium, but those are both more divey (think pre-remodel Andy's or equivalent). Let me know if you have any questions about particular establishments or what recommendations for food, etc. I'm looking forward to seeing my undergrad alma mater beat my other school.

Edited by meangreenthirteen
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, southsideguy said:

Lets just hope we get to here the lady sing when the game is over. Sorry I just think this is the funniest video ever.

That made me think.  Could these hats ever become a thing at UNT?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTrRTQ864YjYtxtXhOYqYg

Maybe if the brown parts were green, but I digress.  

Edited by UNT 90 Grad
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 2

54 minutes ago, MrStrange18 said:

It would better if we could get a green eagle!

That, and a bigger beak! Size matters here (no beak joke intended).

• Haha 1

There used to be a bbq grill I was really impressed with.  It was cast aluminum and the removable top was red in the shape of a wild hog, Razorback, and there were smoke relief holes in the ears and under the tail.  I don’t know how it cooked but it look great smoking.  If you see one please post it here.

GO MEAN GREEN 

• Lovely Take 1