2017-18 NCAA Basketball Attendance

Our 2,644 average placed us 9th in attendance average in the conference.  

Middle Tennessee led the way with 6,774 but that had a very good team and they've lost their coach so I don't expect to see them back on top next year.  ODU and UTEP each averaged more than 6K and Marshall and WKU more than five.

Western Kentucky may very well lead the attendance average this coming season because they'll get good attendance from those coming to see their new phenom and they'll get a couple more home games against a good opponent with the new scheduling.

Since we know much about the players on our team (and the coaching), I expect our attendance to approximately double over this year as I believe that the new culture will include basketball.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

Taking a look at CUSA Tourney attendance, according to the reports, the average session attendance did slightly increase over 2017 (90 per session) but overall attendance dropped significantly (24.1k in '17 vs 16.4k in '18)...

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/m_basketball_RB/Reports/attend/2017.pdf

Will be interesting to  see how the momentum of the new scheduling format, possible NBA draft interest Chareless Bassey may bring, and (I trust) a North Texas squad poised to make a deep run impacts the second go around at The Star for the tournament.

Would be curious to see if any game format or promotional changes are made this time as conference leadership certainly seems to be taking an aggressive approach to improving the attention our conference gets in basketball.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1