How Many Yards for Mason Fine?

Mason Fine’s 2018 Production  

69 members have voted

1. 1. How many yards will Mason throw for this year?

• Less than 1500
    • 1500-2500
    • 2501-3500
    • 3501-4000
    • 4001-4500
    • More than 4500

8 minutes ago, Prettylittleeagle said:

Another question, how many yards puts Fine in the discussion for the Heisman?

Could a "lowly G5" ever have their QB mentioned in such conversation? 

I seem to recall that the QB for that 2007 Hawaii team that went to get its ass handed to it in the Sugar Bowl was a Heisman finalist.  

Of course, that was over ten years ago, and the P5/G5 chasm wasn't quite as blatantly wide as it is today. 

Colt Brennan was the guy I think. I remember Hawaii had a string of quarterbacks that did really well in the system, Timmy Chang was the other I believe. Going back to Mason Fine, if he can pull of a signature performance against a P5 school....it will go a long way, he’s going to have the stats but it’s the level of competition that will put him at a disadvantage to be talked about in those terms. If anyone could pull that off, it’s Mason Fine. 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, UNT Mean Green said:

>4,500 yards. Our receiving core is almost impossible to cover. This year and next years offenses will resemble what Harrell’s teams looked like in Lubbock.

Let's just hope the defense does enough to not make it a 65-64 shootout every game

• Lovely Take 1

10 hours ago, UNT Mean Green said:

>4,500 yards. Our receiving core is almost impossible to cover. This year and next years offenses will resemble what Harrell’s teams looked like in Lubbock.

That’s an interesting comparison. Harrell threw for 4555 yards his Soph year. 

5705 his Jr year

5111 his Sr year 

He went 8-5 his sophomore year

9-4 his Jr year

11-2 his Sr year 

I’ll take the increase in wins from Mason’s Soph year to his Sr year  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

Let's go ahead and acknowledge that there is no way the backs will pass protect anywhere near as well as Wilson did last year.

Wilson was a great pass blocker, but our line should better, Fine should be able to get the ball out quicker, and our receivers are legit!  Here's to hoping our strengths overshadow our weaknesses....also, let's give these running backs a chance before we decide they won't be able to block.

49 minutes ago, Felozano said:

Wilson was a great pass blocker, but our line should better, 

Unless we put an OL guy at the RB position, this logic is not convincing to me.

....also, let's give these running backs a chance before we decide they won't be able to block.

agree

52 minutes ago, Felozano said:

. . . before we decide they won't be able to block.

I don't know who decided that, unless you did.  But to expect any of them to pass block at the level of senior-year Jeffery Wilson is simply unrealistic.  It's like expecting whoever our kicker is to kick with the same consistency as senior-year Trevor Moore.

Also remember that Fine was on a somewhat limited playbook last year.  Harrell plans to give him more weapons this year.  

I believe that the running backs are good enough that any defense can't ignore them and concentrate heavily on the pass.  I also believe that the offensive line will be better than last year.  Lastly, I believe that the schedule is slightly easier than last year.  Looks greater than 4500 yards to me.

• Upvote 2