DRC: Countdown of players UNT needs to come through: Cole Hedlund

Brett Vito

Trevor was a once-in-a-blue-moon kind of player and leaves big shoes to fill. From all I have read since Cole announced his transfer, he has the potential to step into those shoes. Lets get behind him.  Would it be against NCAA rules for us to fund for Cole the same icewater IVs Trevor used?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, EagleMBA said:

Trevor was a once-in-a-blue-moon kind of player and leaves big shoes to fill. From all I have read since Cole announced his transfer, he has the potential to step into those shoes. Lets get behind him.  Would it be against NCAA rules for us to fund for Cole the same icewater IVs Trevor used?

I still have no idea how Trevor wasn't first team all CUSA last season.  

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, AustinFromUNT said:

hopefully we don’t see this a lot this year.

Little different stage, confidence is everything to a kicker.  He was one of the top kickers in the nation coming out of high school. This is the Cole Hedlund who will return to Apogee Sept 1st, book it. 

IMG_0344.PNG

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, NorthTexan95 said:

I still have no idea how Trevor wasn't first team all CUSA last season.  

I'm with you. He was the best I've seen in a long time...maybe ever.  I never worried when the game was on the line and the offense got him a reasonable shot.  Very cool and focused under pressure.

• Upvote 3

20 hours ago, AustinFromUNT said:

hopefully we don’t see this a lot this year.

Well, he is back home. Dad is a great soccer coach. I know that has nothing to do with it that his dad is a great soccer coach, but maybe dad can work on some kicking with him. A lot of soccer players are great kickers. However, I think him being close to friends and family can give him the confidence he needs. When he failed on kicks at Arkansas, there was no family around. Sure he had other players. Sure he could have called home. However, nothing beats face to face and having family around face to face to pick you up when things don't go so well. It goes a long way to build you up.

Edited by Venson
Grammar
  • Lovely Take 3

3 minutes ago, outoftown said:

Wouldn't it just be awesome if UNT went to Arkansas, and gave him a shot with a few seconds left and he kicks the game winner? If that happens, then I want somebody to make and post a video of the reaction of the person who posted this video

That would be the best. Hollywood wouldn't be able to write a script that good. What would be super amazing is if he kicked it from 50 yards out. 

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

7 hours ago, outoftown said:

Wouldn't it just be awesome if UNT went to Arkansas, and gave him a shot with a few seconds left and he kicks the game winner? If that happens, then I want somebody to make and post a video of the reaction of the person who posted this video

Me too, if it did happen... I'd advise anyone wearing green to quickly get in their car and get out of Arkansas as fast as they can

Edited by GMG24
  • Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, largekfcbucket said:

Also worth noting: Hedlund in his 3 years at Arkansas never missed an XP. 91/91. Unfortunately he did go 14/24 in career FGA and only went 1-5 on kicks longer than 40 yards

Only stat that matters this year.  We will score TDs, if we're kicking field goals and other teams scoring TDs doesn't matter who kicks or how accurate.  PATs is Ann entirely different story's