How Seth Littrell brought a winning brand of football to North Texas...good article from The Athletic

UNTcrazy727

How Seth Littrell brought a winning brand of football to North Texas

When Seth Littrell was hired as the head football coach at North Texas, the team he inherited was less than two months removed from paying Portland State a $425,000 appearance fee to come to Apogee Stadium and beat the Mean Green 66-7, the largest margin of defeat of an FBS school by an FCS program.

The loss was so bad, Dan McCarney was relieved of his head coaching duties immediately following the game. In came Littrell, a coach confident that it was a matter of “when,” not “if” there would be a winning football team in Denton.

“I didn’t have an idea of how long it would take,” Littrell told The Athletic. “I knew eventually we would build this up and compete for championships.”

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Charlie NT 73 said:

How do you get ride of the subscription ad ?

Our fans always bitch about how we don't get local coverage and The Athletic has written two articles the past couple weeks. Might be worth it to support them...

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

21 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Our fans always bitch about how we don't get local coverage and The Athletic has written two articles the past couple weeks. Might be worth it to support them...

Don't have a problem with $ if I choose to subscribe.  Have a problem with being forced to install a mobile app in order to access the content on my device though.  But maybe I'm doing something wrong here.  Either way, rock on.

• Thanks 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, LongJim said:

Don't have a problem with $ if I choose to subscribe.  Have a problem with being forced to install a mobile app in order to access the content on my device though.  But maybe I'm doing something wrong here.  Either way, rock on.

I've tried three times to log in as prompted and keep getting told my name is incomplete, use email or sign up through Facebook.

Anyhow......there's so much fantastic good in the below statement people don't even know.

The loss was so bad, Dan McCarney was relieved of his head coaching duties immediately following the game

I hope that statement is seen by every college football fan on the planet because when they see it the reader is immediately told that finally...FINALLY ......North Texas isn't #%!?ing around any more and has decided to take this business seriously!

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1