Orlando Sentinel Preseason Rankings: #46 North Texas

MGNation92

36 minutes ago, wardly said:

My error. We lost those games by an average of 23+ points per game. We also lost 5 starters off that defense plus about the best field goal kicker we have ever had. I'm thinking light years, and I hope I am wrong. I certainly didn't see 9 wins coming last year.

The kicker situation was huge last year. I'll have to see someone step up or perform well in camp before I'm ready to be positive in that area. 

2 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

Man.....I can't help but think if this is '02-'03 defense...this could be a 10 to 12 win team.  

(Its beer thirty on a Friday night so take that for what it's worth.)

Rick

We would win the conference, hands down, with that defensive unit. Even FAU wouldn’t handle that defense very easily. Our pass rush, run defense, and secondary were the best I’ve ever seen us roll out in my 30 years of UNT fandom. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Green Lantern said:

And particularly remarkable given that we’re only a couple years removed from the Portland State debacle.

Things are looking up and I’m enjoying the ride.

Portland State. I never say that out loud. That was the worst ever.