Sign in to follow this  
southsideguy

Times have changed at UNT

Recommended Posts

In the past seasons about this time or a little earlier we were discussing what uniforms to wear to our games.  Nice to have other things to talk about then our uniforms.  Cant wait for the season to begin.  When does fail practice begin this year?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

It definitely feels like the engine is running on all cylinders for once.

Rick

I feel ya, but hope we just got the green light and we have about 500 laps to enjoy. I have this memory of little Anakin Skywalker all excited to prove himself at the pod race, but when the green light goes off his engine fails.

Edited by greenminer
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, greenminer said:

I feel ya, but hope we just got the green light and we have about 500 laps to enjoy.

You mean the "Green Light to Greatness"?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

In the past seasons about this time or a little earlier we were discussing what uniforms to wear to our games.  Nice to have other things to talk about then our uniforms.  Cant wait for the season to begin.  When does fail practice begin this year?

We can also have a discussion we probably have never had before in July...

'How many scholarships do we have left for next year?'

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, meanrob said:

This is exactly it. Every time an outsider (or insider for that matter) would say "It can't be done at North Texas," I would think "It can't be done when everything isn't pulling in the same direction." There was never one magic solution. Apogee wasn't going to get us there with a sub-standard Athletic Director. Bringing in a P5 wasn't going to matter if you have a football coach who wouldn't recruit or is over his head. We were always lacking in multiple areas. Even so, that doesn't mean we've arrived. It takes a few years of all cylinders going (a little good luck doesn't hurt either) to build a great foundation.

However, in my twenty five years of fandom we've never had it like this. Not even close.

I haven't seen this level of professional conduct toward running the athletic department since Hayden Fry was the coach and athletic director.....and Jitter Nolan was President of the University. The exception to that statement would be Corkey Nelson and his very able colleague drex. They ran things very professionally......for all the gratitude (and financial support) they got (NOT) from the administration.

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2018 at 11:52 AM, meanrob said:

This is exactly it. Every time an outsider (or insider for that matter) would say "It can't be done at North Texas," I would think "It can't be done when everything isn't pulling in the same direction." There was never one magic solution. Apogee wasn't going to get us there with a sub-standard Athletic Director. Bringing in a P5 wasn't going to matter if you have a football coach who wouldn't recruit or is over his head. We were always lacking in multiple areas. Even so, that doesn't mean we've arrived. It takes a few years of all cylinders going (a little good luck doesn't hurt either) to build a great foundation.

However, in my twenty five years of fandom we've never had it like this. Not even close.

Certainly agree, but want to add that the BOR must be the unseen force behind this push.    They are selecting or approving the right people and must be behind the increased investment in athletics.  

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GrandGreen said:

Certainly agree, but want to had that the BOR must be the unseen force behind this push.    They are selecting or approving the right people and must be behind the increased investment in athletics.  

Bingo.

maxresdefault.jpg

As long as this guy is in his position, NT Athletics will be taken care of.

  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, greenminer said:

I feel ya, but hope we just got the green light and we have about 500 laps to enjoy. I have this memory of little Anakin Skywalker all excited to prove himself at the pod race, but when the green light goes off his engine fails.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, greenminer said:

I feel ya, but hope we just got the green light and we have about 500 laps to enjoy. I have this memory of little Anakin Skywalker all excited to prove himself at the pod race, but when the green light goes off his engine fails.

-1 for the Phantom Menace reference. It’s the only time a Star Wars reference isn’t cool. 

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this