DRC: Shadow Creek WR Kealon Jackson commits to UNT

Brett Vito

35 minutes ago, outoftown said:

And with that, UNT moves into 4th among G5 teams, way ahead of all other C-USA teams. Really the only slightly sad part about that is that SMU is in first. 

If you don't mind,  where can I find the rankings?

Never mind, I just needed to read the article. sorry

Edited by NTFan11
  • Lovely Take 1

5 hours ago, South Texas Green said:

Great to see so many 3* coming in! 

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/CompositeTeamRankings?Conference=C-USA

Hopefully this great start can lead to more talent deciding to take their talents to Denton, America.

Anyone think we can nab a 4* this year? 

Game recognize game after all.

I think we can. It may happen late, but I believe we can land one. 

• Lovely Take 2

31 minutes ago, largekfcbucket said:

Have we ever cracked a top 50 class? I am a second year fan/student and genuinely don't know. That'd be badass if this was the first.

I do not believe we ever have. I mean since the era of ranking recruiting classes at least. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, largekfcbucket said:

Have we ever cracked a top 50 class? I am a second year fan/student and genuinely don't know. That'd be badass if this was the first.

I hear 'ya. I have learned over the years that it ain't over till its over so I try to enjoy it but not set myself up for disappointment on signing day.  To paraphrase my father's old saying, the dog that makes a quick deposit in July may discover its not bankable in December.

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1

Question, and maybe I've been out of the loop on this topic for a while - I thought "we" generally used Rivals as the the gold standard for the stars rankings and 247sports as sort of a sketchy, secondary ranking that we really didn't trust.  If I recall correctly, 247 used to give an extra star whereas Rivals would be one star less, across the board.  

Has that changed recently? Why are we not referring to Rival's star rankings anymore? 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Stan R said:

Question, and maybe I've been out of the loop on this topic for a while - I thought "we" generally used Rivals as the the gold standard for the stars rankings and 247sports as sort of a sketchy, secondary ranking that we really didn't trust.  If I recall correctly, 247 used to give an extra star whereas Rivals would be one star less, across the board.  

Has that changed recently? Why are we not referring to Rival's star rankings anymore? 

Someone else just asked this same question: 

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Stan R said:

Here is the link to Rivals ranking. They have us ranked at 51. Too bad SMUt is still ranked one ahead of us in a three way tie at 48. They also have 9 out of our 14 ranked as 3 stars.

https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/2019/all-teams/football

• Lovely Take 1