7 FT ODU Transfer

KRAM1

Just read in the Norfolk, VA paper that 7 ft. center and former Providence player, Dajour Dickens, will transfer to ODU. He was rated the No. 124 player in the Class of 2017 by Rivals.com. He redshirted his freshman year....so lost no eligibility I guess. ODU will seek a waiver allowing Dickens to play this season. He becomes the second 7 ft player added to ODU’s squad in the last six weeks. Elbert Robinson, a 7-1 grad transfer from LSU was previously added. ODU also has two 6-8 players in Joe Reece and Kalu Ezikpe.

Yikes! These guys are going to be tall! 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, KRAM1 said:

Just read in the Norfolk, VA paper that 7 ft. center and former Providence player, Dajour Dickens, will transfer to ODU. He was rated the No. 124 player in the Class of 2017 by Rivals.com. He redshirted his freshman year....so lost no eligibility I guess. ODU will seek a waiver allowing Dickens to play this season. He becomes the second 7 ft player added to ODU’s squad in the last six weeks. Elbert Robinson, a 7-1 grad transfer from LSU was previously added. ODU also has two 6-8 players in Joe Reece and Kalu Ezikpe.

Yikes! These guys are going to be tall! 

The golden state warriors didn't lay the foundation for their team around 7 footers. They started with 3 point shooters, one of which was viewed to be undersized *cough* Smart *cough*. I like our team.

• Lovely Take 2
  • Downvote 2

So Dickens, the 7-footer, is transferring to ODU from Providence. I wondered why until an unnamed source told me that his girlfriend attends ODU...Dickens is simply nuts over her.

Edited by EagleMBA

22 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Why hasn't anyone run with this softball?

My comment was the fond remembrance of an old one-liner from one of the Doug Clark and the Hot Nuts albums. Those who are not 73 probably don't remember them. You can find them on YouTube if you are curious but I won't post the link, in order to maintain some sense of decorum. 🙂                            

Edit: Here is the link to their Wikipedia writeup:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doug_Clark_and_the_Hot_Nuts

Edited by EagleMBA
  • Lovely Take 1