Hundreds gather at the Denton County Courthouse to protest Trump administration’s immigration policy

So the Soros-funded shitshow comes to Denton, with its well-orchestrated anti-American message based on opportunistic half-truths.  It looks like they found a gaggle of useful idiots to submit to indoctrination.  What a crock!

giphy.gif

• Upvote 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 11

Isn’t that the truth!  What ever happened to Ellis Island where my Grandparents, my Dad, and my Uncle came through when they migrated from Sicily.  Or, my Mothers family when the came from Sicily through New Orleans?  What happened to the “correct way” for people to migrate to the US?  I just don’t get it.  We are suppose to open the borders for whoever wants to come to America, for whatever reason?  Unvetted?  I just don’t get it.

• Upvote 11
  • Downvote 9

How about personal accountability for the adults illegally crossing the border? The protests and politicians are dangling a big carrot to encourage people to attempt to sneak into our country. Also, are they supposed to detain these families and put them in one big holding facility together? I'm sure there would be no rapes, child molestation, or anything generally nefarious going on in that scenario. Or should we just have open borders? These protests are a waste of time.

• Upvote 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 8

----America need to stop using drugs which support drug gangs and murder and causes most of this illegal immigration.. Conditions in their home land are terrible because of them..   An article in our local paper (AP news) this week stated of those 200 or so at Tornillo ... only 3 of the 200+ are from Mexico. They are from  Central America and mostly Guatemala where gangs are terrible. Go after them and it it will greatly decrease. As drug use has increased .. so has the border problem.. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

7 hours ago, UNTexas said:

Did she actually say that? 

No, she didn't. It is very easy to validate, but I suppose it is easier to post some crappy meme since it fits the agenda. 

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/people-like-donald-trump/

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 5
  • Downvote 3

6 hours ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

No, she didn't. It is very easy to validate, but I suppose it is easier to post some crappy meme since it fits the agenda. 

No it fits the irony...plus it's funny.

From your Snopes link...

"In this case, the “news” portion of the article was a speech Clinton purportedly delivered to Goldman Sachs in 2013. While an excerpt of the speech was published by Wikileaks, the Clinton campaign has refused to verify the documents"...

So.... it doesn't really matter if she was referencing Trump or not does it?  But she probably was considering Trump had donated more money to Democrats, including the Clinton Foundation than Republicans prior to 2011.  She and B.J. never had a problem with the Donald as long as he gave them money.   Still, if she actually said she wished for more successful business people to run for office then she got her wish. 

Fits the irony...and it's funny.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Downvote 9

On 7/3/2018 at 2:57 PM, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

How many times have you seen snopes give a negative report to anything the liberal media purports as truth?

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 6

On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 2:32 PM, Rudy said:

Ah yes, protesting a policy that's been around for what, 20 years?  And American children get separated from their parents through CPS, arrest, and being abandoned, but they don't protest that. 

Rudy, in the case of CPS or parental incarceration the separation is usually effected out of concern for the children.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, GTWT said:

Rudy, in the case of CPS or parental incarceration the separation is usually effected out of concern for the children.

Separation also occurs when a parent breaks the law, like entering the country illegally, and is taken in to custody.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

44 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Separation also occurs when a parent breaks the law, like entering the country illegally, and is taken in to custody.

Despite the fact that no one had a problem with children being separated under the Obama administration...here is an interesting read and information on the subject..

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/05/illegal-immigration-enforcement-separating-kids-at-border/#slide-1

Rick

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 6

On 7/3/2018 at 9:42 PM, FirefightnRick said:

No it fits the irony...plus it's funny.

So.... it doesn't really matter if she was referencing Trump or not does it?  But she probably was considering Trump had donated more money to Democrats, including the Clinton Foundation than Republicans prior to 2011.  She and B.J. never had a problem with the Donald as long as he gave them money.   Still, if she actually said she wished for more successful business people to run for office then she got her wish. 

Fits the irony...and it's funny.

Rick

First - honesty is important. Being a 'business person' does not mean Republican or Conservative. Those leanings do not own 'business people.' She may have been talking about a person like Warren Buffet, Bill Gates, Ben (or Jerry), Bezos, etc -- they donate a ton to liberal causes. There is no way your claim of her "probably was considering Trump" is remotely quantitative -- which when it comes to honesty -- is very very important. Therefore, the meme is completely dishonest and tries to pass it off as fact. 

Second - when it is challenged on its nonsense fact basis, you claim irony and funny. What precisely is ironic and funny?

Is it funny that she didn't actually say those words and didn't claim to want Trump?
Or is it funny that someone would claim Trump is honest and cannot be bought off?

I really think the joke is the claim Trump can't be persuaded by money because he is SOOOOOO rich.  I think you miss the irony and funny in the meme because you are assuming the lie quote is true.

Anyhow, yes, honesty does matter. I know you think that too. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

I mean, sure, Illegal Entry is a federal misdemeanor -- like J walking is local misdemeanor.  You think the police are taking my sons from my arms because I step off a curb in Highland Park? 

Crimes are not all created equally. They are definitely not enforced equally either. 

Just because *you* or a segment of the population are *very* scared of a person doesn't mean the penalty gets to be more harsh than the law calls for... 

Edited by SteaminWillieBeamin
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 8

22 minutes ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

Just because *you* or a segment of the population are *very* scared of a person doesn't mean the penalty gets to be more harsh than the law calls for... 

I am not scared of a person.  Where in the world did you get that?  This law has been in place and the process has been the same since Clinton was in office, but since Trump is such a polarizing figure that the media likes to attack at every turn, this is now news.  Jaywalking and entering the country illegally are apples and oranges.  I know you know that, but it doesn't align with your narrative.  

Why should we, the United States, just ignore our immigrant laws because they aren't convenient?

Do you think we should just have open borders?

Why is this an issue now but wasn't an issue under the previous administration?

Why does this seem to only be an issue on our southern border?

Look, I don't like the fact that young children are being separated from their parents or the adults they are arriving with in our country, but these adults/parents know the rules and chose to break them.  Why are we punishing the people upholding our laws and being lenient to those that choose to break our laws?

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 5

10 hours ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

First - honesty is important. Being a 'business person' does not mean Republican or Conservative. Those leanings do not own 'business people.' She may have been talking about a person like Warren Buffet, Bill Gates, Ben (or Jerry), Bezos, etc -- they donate a ton to liberal causes. There is no way your claim of her "probably was considering Trump" is remotely quantitative -- which when it comes to honesty -- is very very important. Therefore, the meme is completely dishonest and tries to pass it off as fact

Second - when it is challenged on its nonsense fact basis, you claim irony and funny. What precisely is ironic and funny?

Is it funny that she didn't actually say those words and didn't claim to want Trump?
Or is it funny that someone would claim Trump is honest and cannot be bought off?

I really think the joke is the claim Trump can't be persuaded by money because he is SOOOOOO rich.  I think you miss the irony and funny in the meme because you are assuming the lie quote is true.

Anyhow, yes, honesty does matter. I know you think that too. 

Sure there is a way it's quantitative considering Trump made a donation to her and Bill's money laundering scheme known as the Clinton Foundation. She could have even been thinking of The Donald's great hairdo when she took that photo with him.  Who really knows for sure?

Here's a meme that I know Sam Kinison did not actually say but it also makes me laugh.

IMG_7147.PNG.7a5ba89598e27b5ba7c2dda189b18583.PNG

Rick

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4