Kiffin gets 10-year, $9.5 million dollar contract

I'm a little surprised Kiffin signed that thing.  I don't recall what he was making before, but I don't think that's a substantial raise per year.  Watching him from the outside, it looked like he was positioning himself for another shot at a P5 HC gig.  And I would expect the P5s, and solid P5s, to come calling sooner rather than later if he has another year like last year.

It would make sense is if Kiffin really wants to stay at FAU for the long haul.  But does he really?

Edited by Mean Green 93-98
  • Upvote 1

When he leaves FAU will implode and that is not good for the conference. It’s a double edge sword, the publicity is great but he’s not building a solid base he’s all about winning now and probably not in a legit way. 

• Lovely Take 1

21 hours ago, NorthTexan95 said:

The $2M buyout is nothing for a major P5.   He may stay awhile but the contract is no hindrance to him leaving. 

Yep.  UT bought out Herman's $2.5M.  Nebraska bought out Frost's $3M.  Florida bought out CSU's $5-7M

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NTXCoog said:

Yep.  UT bought out Herman's $2.5M.  Nebraska bought out Frost's $3M.  Florida bought out CSU's $5-7M

Those Power 5 schools have media contracts that bring in $25 million or more per year. It’s not that hard to invest some of that into the coach you want from the minor leagues that you keep under your thumb by controlling the NCAA and media.

• Lovely Take 1