CUSA 19' Recruiting Class Rankings - UNT #1

31 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

@GMG24 is there any concern that they are a package deal so if we lose 1 we lose both?

Loving this class though. If we beat Arkansas this thing will somehow get better.

No, if I remember right we were 1 of 6 schools to offer both. 

Grayson (Lower rated brother) held UNT, AF, UCONN, NAVY, TX State and UTSA. 

Gabriel held UNT, AF, UCONN, NAVY, TX State and UTSA. 

I doubt for any reason we lose 1 for any reason causing us to lose the other.  Everyone who offered was in on both.  I like our chances here.  

BTW that’s now 5 prospects we’ve beaten UTSA on head to head 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Ben Gooding said:

This just solidifies my bitching, you calling my name when recruiting is looking bright. 

And it is in fact looking bright. 

I thought you were one of the ones that said Seth and Co couldn’t recruit. I could be wrong, I have been wrong before, just ask my wife.  If I was wrong then please accept my apologies.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

I remember the Pertile  (sp?) who  I believe were twins also. Very good LB's for the Mean Green in their day.

I like the Murphy's too. Bigger, Stronger and Faster! The Murphy's will build their own legacy at North Texas!

Heck, the 2019 Class is already starting to  build their own legacy at North Texas!

Go Mean Green!

Edited by Charlie NT 73
misspelled word

Definitely nice to see the mean green with 9 solid recruits, when most other teams have barely left the starting blocks.

I do wonder though: has recruiting started to adjust to the earlier signing period? Maybe particularly so in Texas for some reason?

The other thing: now we need to extend this class and see that we can hold on to most of these talented young men.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, GMG_Dallas said:

@GMG24 is there any concern that they are a package deal so if we lose 1 we lose both?

Loving this class though. If we beat Arkansas this thing will somehow get better.

I doubt if we lose them because the only schools that may have a chance are P5 and I doubt if they are rated high enough for a P5 to spend a two scholarships in order to get the higher rated one. If the higher rated one was a 5 star, then I could see a school taking them both just to get the 5 star player. I think they want to stay together and that means the most to them. So, I like our chances of holding on to both.

36 minutes ago, Venson said:

I doubt if we lose them because the only schools that may have a chance are P5 and I doubt if they are rated high enough for a P5 to spend a two scholarships in order to get the higher rated one. If the higher rated one was a 5 star, then I could see a school taking them both just to get the 5 star player. I think they want to stay together and that means the most to them. So, I like our chances of holding on to both.

The counter-argument is, that they are both good. It is not really one of those situations where you have a really talented and a barely scholarship worthy brother/cousin/best friend and people are essentially spending to schollies to get one good player. In fact they are reated very closely to each other and you are spending two schollies for two good players. That is actually part of why this is such a great catch for UNT.

However you are right, having to spend two schollies when you only need one OLB is probably not for all P5s. I do worry though that it may not keep all of them away.

41 minutes ago, Venson said:

Good point. As we get closer to signing periods, schools get more desperate and there might be one or two out there to offer both. Question is will they be big enough to sway two players. Nothing kept Ed Oliver, a 5 star DT, from playing with his brother at UH. Hopefully the same happens with these guys.

• Lovely Take 1

4 minutes ago, outoftown said:

The counter-argument is, that they are both good. It is not really one of those situations where you have a really talented and a barely scholarship worthy brother/cousin/best friend and people are essentially spending to schollies to get one good player. In fact they are reated very closely to each other and you are spending two schollies for two good players. That is actually part of why this is such a great catch for UNT.

However you are right, having to spend two schollies when you only need one OLB is probably not for all P5s. I do worry though that it may not keep all of them away.

Also very true. These are 2 legit ball players. If a team has the need for two and they arent filled by the time the first signing period comes around, you'll see some p5s offer both. It's up to UNT to keep dating them throughout what needs to be a strong season.

• Upvote 1