Cross Year Recruiting At This Time

9 hours ago, AustinFromUNT said:

I thought I would take a look at how we have done across the years at this time in the cycle. So I went through 247 & looked at who we had committed to each class as of June 17th (today’s date).

2019 (avg .8210)

3* RB Garrison Johnson .8466

3* WR Damon Ward .8266

3* WR Deonte Simpson .8104

3* QB Logan Holgerson .8004 (Decommited)

I’m thinking that 3* S Kyron White will be committing soon. He is rated as .8276. If Holgorsen’s rating is switched with White’s then our average class rating is .8278

2018 (avg .7879)

2* DT Dayton Leblanc .7943

2* OG Cole Brown .7803

2* OG Daizion Carroll .7892

2017 (avg .7924)

2* S Tyreke Davis .7924

2016 (avg .7832)

2* LB Joe Ozougwu .7832

So, we are recruiting more players, earlier, and at a higher rating with more offers between the guys committed this early.

2019 Offers: 7 P5, 19 G5

2018 Offers: 0 other offers

2017 Offers: 1 G5 offer (Fresno State)

2016 Offers: 0 other offers

This is what I was saying yesterday. I don't get the panicking. Yeah SMU and UTSA had good weeks but we're not struggling. Heck, I think we're still ranked 2 in Cusa.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

good stuff!

This class is solid.

I appreciate being able to see the actual numbers.

And  I will say despite not landing every recruit (which is inevitable) guys are considering North Texas. 3 star guys are really look hard at our program. That's all you can really ask for at the end of the day, is a shot. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, agw0038 said:

good stuff!

This class is solid.

I appreciate being able to see the actual numbers.

And  I will say despite not landing every recruit (which is inevitable) guys are considering North Texas. 3 star guys are really look hard at our program. That's all you can really ask for at the end of the day, is a shot. 

Very true. When we hired SL we kind of knew he wasn’t really a recruiting guy. It has taken him some time, but it seems like his recruiting is improving. If we can at least make it to a bowl game the next 2 years, I think we could have a top 60 nationally class.

• Upvote 1

Pretty significant uptick. Just quickly looking at other G5 schools and where they’re at during the recruiting cycle at this point, and I’’m feeling good about our progress. Our number committed and more importantly in my opinion, average rating per recruit and verbal commits with multiple FBS offers stack up pretty well. Hope to see this momentum continue.

Edited by Green Lantern
  • Thanks 1