WKU Stikes Again

Cooley

I'll always welcome big time talent to the conference to raise our league's profile.  This, along with the schedule creativity announced a couple weeks ago only helps the effort to become a multi-bid conference.

Has to be the biggest CUSA freshman recruit since Derrick Rose (not counting Mitchell Robinson's no-show last season), right?

This will only further motivate Coach Mac and the squad.

Edited by jdennis82
  • Upvote 1

On 6/14/2018 at 8:32 PM, MCMLXXX said:

This is good for our conference. Therefore it is good for us. Our wins over WKU will be more meaningful.

WKU uses a ship on a 5 star kid we offer a walk on... lol if we win any game against them we're making noise in NCAA tournament IMO. 

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 7

1 minute ago, GMG24 said:

WKU uses a ship on a 5 star kid we offer a walk on... 

That’s a terrible way to compare the state of the programs. We rewarded a walk on who proved his value and, it’s probably safe to say, WKU has probably done the same.

having said that, this kid is going to make WKU an absolute terror to handle in CUSA and beyond.

• Upvote 2

This shows the benefit of offering early. This also sounds like kind of an exceptional set of circumstances. I don't think WKU is going to be landing a top 5 recruit annually. It's good for the conference but shouldn't be worriesome as far as competitiveness of our team. This kid won't be at WKU for 4 years. 

6 hours ago, Mean Green Matt said:

It's good for the conference but shouldn't be worriesome as far as competitiveness of our team.

How can it not be worriesome about our competitiveness? Doesn't this interfere with our chances to shutout CUSA and make it to top 5 in the country?

Nostalgia moment: I think WKU had a 7-footer on their way to beating down the Sun Belt back in my student days (1999-2003).  He was a considerable factor in our loss to them in the conference tourney.

5 hours ago, greenminer said:

How can it not be worriesome about our competitiveness? Doesn't this interfere with our chances to shutout CUSA and make it to top 5 in the country?

Nostalgia moment: I think WKU had a 7-footer on their way to beating down the Sun Belt back in my student days (1999-2003).  He was a considerable factor in our loss to them in the conference tourney.

For all we know he could be a bust. And if he's not we only have to deal with him for one year. It's not like this is going to be an annual thing for western. 

• Upvote 1

On 6/17/2018 at 12:21 PM, greenminer said:

This one?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Marcus

• Upvote 1