UNT's Justify Wins Triple Crown

UNTLifer

If we can get the horse there, we definitely need to feature it. Anyone one been to an Army-Navy game? If so, you know they produce some amazing smack-talk videos for that game. Justify versus my little pony would make a great video. 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 2

I watched the Belmont race on TV. That is a beautiful, powerful horse and I'm glad he has a North Texas connection. He seemed so calm and confident throughout, from loading to start to finish...he was in control.

Walk him around the field in a UNT jersey/saddleblanket. Its a shame that his colors were vaguely SMUtish. 😞

usp_horse_racing__150th_belmont_stakes_1

Edited by EagleMBA

What is the connection to North Texas?  Haven't heard of one.  The only thing I've heard is that George Soros has part-ownership of Justify, and I'm not aware of any connection between Soros and NT.

Edited by Stix
correct "Justified" to "Justify"
  • Downvote 3

18 minutes ago, Stix said:

What is the connection to North Texas?  Haven't heard of one.  The only thing I've heard is that George Soros has part-ownership of Justified, and I'm not aware of any connection between Soros and NT.

Kenny Trout’s wife Lisa went to UNT.  But, one of their kids went to SMU.  Just a guess here but I am going to say SMU has more influence with the Troutt family than we do.  Which is of course, sad.  

33 minutes ago, HoustonEagle said:

Kenny Trout’s wife Lisa went to UNT.  But, one of their kids went to SMU.  Just a guess here but I am going to say SMU has more influence with the Troutt family than we do.  Which is of course, sad.  

Don't think so.

There is another tweet out there about them being big supporters of North Texas.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

37 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Don't think so.

There is another tweet out there about them being big supporters of North Texas.

I saw the other tweet as well and I truly hope they have donated millions.  That said, I can not find one article that mentions them involved with UNT but I did find this.

"The Troutts are longtime supporters of the DSO and the Dallas community. Lisa is a graduate of the University of North Texas with a major in Fashion Design and a minor in business. She worked in the apparel business in sales, marketing and design. She also is a founding member of the Council for Life as well as One Hundred Shares and serves on the boards of New Friends New Life, The Salvation Army, SMU Meadows School of the Arts, UT Southwestern Medical Foundation, and the Baylor Foundation.  She is also affiliated with the Laura W. Bush Women’s Initiative Advisory Council, Park Cities Republican Women, and The Race Track Chaplaincy of America."

Edited by HoustonEagle