DRC: C-USA adds to television package with ESPN deal

Brett Vito

7 minutes ago, meanrob said:

ESPN3 was dogshit last year. I would miss whole halves of games. 

It's a small sample size but I watch MLS and other things on ESPN+ and so far no problems. 

But I agree with another poster. Find one platform and put a majority of it on there. To me, BEIN and Facebook are a waste of time. But that's me. 

Once in awhile I'd get a stutter but I never had any serious problems other than occasional drops in resolution. But so far ESPN+ has been like watching MLB.tv except without MLB.tv's 60fps, the 60fps is just beautiful

8 hours ago, Arkstfan said:

Once in awhile I'd get a stutter but I never had any serious problems other than occasional drops in resolution. But so far ESPN+ has been like watching MLB.tv except without MLB.tv's 60fps, the 60fps is just beautiful

I've got a new Sony LED TV, and I find the MLS games have stutter in them on ESPN+ (through the Android TV). Don't have the same issue with the Roku on another TV, but was told the reason was because ESPN uses an older codec and OLED technology can account for it, while an LED cannot. SO for me at least, I've found ESPN+ to be disappointing./annoying.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, MeanGreenHoops said:

I've got a new Sony LED TV, and I find the MLS games have stutter in them on ESPN+ (through the Android TV). Don't have the same issue with the Roku on another TV, but was told the reason was because ESPN uses an older codec and OLED technology can account for it, while an LED cannot. SO for me at least, I've found ESPN+ to be disappointing./annoying.

Four reasons for stutter.

Insufficient processing power encoding

Insufficient capacity going out.

Insufficient bandwidth at the end user

Insufficient processing power at the end user. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Arkstfan said:

Insufficient bandwidth at the end user

Because of my real job I am always the friend that gets asked to fix any computer issue, including streaming.  I have "fixed" a lot of streaming.

It's almost always their WIFI.  Either their wireless router is garbage, or it only supports old standards, or they have channel congestion, or they need an AP closer, or something signal related.  

If you have a single story house it is dead simple to run some wire from you router to your device.  If for whatever reason you can't do that, look at the WIFI problems above and you will most likely solve the issue. 

7 hours ago, Cerebus said:

Because of my real job I am always the friend that gets asked to fix any computer issue, including streaming.  I have "fixed" a lot of streaming.

It's almost always their WIFI.  Either their wireless router is garbage, or it only supports old standards, or they have channel congestion, or they need an AP closer, or something signal related.  

If you have a single story house it is dead simple to run some wire from you router to your device.  If for whatever reason you can't do that, look at the WIFI problems above and you will most likely solve the issue. 

#ReasonsToGoWithAHardLine

9 hours ago, Cerebus said:

I have my modem/router next to the TV and run an ethernet cable into my Roku TV. Learned that from seeing four iphones, four iPads, and a laptop or two all on wifi at the same time.