ESPN: Ranking the toughest three game stretches in 2018 - Arkansas #6

8.png&w=110&h=110Sept. 22 at Auburn, Sept. 29 vs. Texas A&M, Oct. 6 vs. Alabama
Any stretch that includes both Alabama and Auburn in a span of three weeks is never for the faint of heart. Both the Crimson Tide and Tigers will again be loaded on defense this season, and with first-year coach Chad Morris taking on a major rebuilding job at Arkansas, finding a way to even get to 20 points against Alabama and Auburn will be a chore for the Hogs, who were 1-7 in the SEC last season. Sandwiched between the Auburn and Alabama games is a home date against No. 23 Texas A&M, which has won six in a row over Arkansas, with three of the past four being overtime games.

Can we catch the hogs looking ahead to their next three games when we visit on the 15th?  A Mean Green early two score lead and shoot out down the stretch would be great, although special teams could be a concern against athletes in the sec...

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1

That return, the returns against Kansas State when he was a freshman in the last game at Fouts and the quick slant he took to the house against LSU were some of my favorite memories of him.  Wish we could find another.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

That return, the returns against Kansas State when he was a freshman in the last game at Fouts and the quick slant he took to the house against LSU were some of my favorite memories of him.  Wish we could find another.

My favorite plays Brelan ran were the Jet Sweeps.   
He'd get the Badger or Lemon pulling in front of him & blocking some poor LB schmucks on the other side, and he'd make 2/3 miss on his way to big gains/TDs. 
And yes, Kickoff/Punt returns were always must-see as well.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

On 6/3/2018 at 3:13 PM, Mean Green 93-98 said:

It was better in person.  And even better than that after I turned around from where I had been standing on the sidelines and met eye to eye with the smart ass Georgia fan sitting on the front row who had been heckling me and our players since the start of the game...and with a surprised look on his face gives me an accepting grin, a thumbs up and yells out..."Y'all gotta a good team, dude!".

He was cool from that point on as were everyone else during the walk back to the car.

Rick

• Upvote 4

12 hours ago, southsideguy said:

Brelan was a special player for the Mean Green.  He was one of the exciting players on UNT teams I have seen.  When he got the ball there was always a chance to break for TD.  Anyone know what he is doing these days?

UPS Driver, according to LinkedIn. 

• Sad 1