FAU at North Texas Game Moved up to Thursday

UNTFan23

As a season ticket holder not willing to give them up, is there a way I can financially protest these shitty weeknight games?

That makes five games this season that are gonna suck balls for me. 

The first three are an annual occurrence and no fault of the athletic department. This year, there are FOUR games before the October 15th deadline.  Then, one of the remaining two is this midnight weeknight bullshit, so I really only get ONE full day of football in 2018.  

I'm just ranting here, but this season is gonna suck a giant bag of donkey dicks timewise for me. 

You want people in the G-damn stands, make it easier, not harder. 

Edit:  I eagerly await the usual excuses and justifications. The department is always right, and the rest of us always need to be better fans and give more money.  I know.  I know. 

Edited by oldguystudent
  • Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 6

46 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

As a season ticket holder not willing to give them up, is there a way I can financially protest these shitty weeknight games?

That makes five games this season that are gonna suck balls for me. 

The first three are an annual occurrence and no fault of the athletic department. This year, there are FOUR games before the October 15th deadline.  Then, one of the remaining two is this midnight weeknight bullshit, so I really only get ONE full day of football in 2018.  

I'm just ranting here, but this season is gonna suck a giant bag of donkey dicks timewise for me. 

You want people in the G-damn stands, make it easier, not harder. 

Edit:  I eagerly await the usual excuses and justifications. The department is always right, and the rest of us always need to be better fans and give more money.  I know.  I know. 

I just don’t think the AD has much say here. CUSA wants to highlight what might be the best game of the year and since our TV contract is so crappy this is probably the best way for them to do it. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

Looks like I am making it a work trip.   Booked Thursday night at that new sparkly Embassy Suites just up the road.   Two days in North Texas on my birthday weekend...   This could get ugly, better warn the bars to stock up.

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DallasGreen said:

More coverage of the unmerciful whipping that Lane Kiffin hands out each time we face his team. At least late enough not to make the news.

A lot of bitching about what could be great coverage.   I assume DallasGreen you would be ok with NT just forfeiting the game because there is just no way that NT can compete.  

FAU is heavily favored at this point, whether Thursday or Saturday.  However, things change; and if FAU is really a top 25 caliber club; it gives NT a rare opportunity to have a home game with a team of that level.  

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Downvote 1

The late start time does hurt for me. Instead of catching a Saturday/Sunday (I'm six hours ahead) night game, my only option is to try and watch the game at 2:30am in the UK Friday morning (which now I am considering taking off work for). 

Despite the minor inconvenience, I welcome the challenge of hosting FAU at home on a Thursday. I expect attendance to be low given our sheepish student body but a strong showing in a national televised game, against a possibly ranked opponent can only benefit the football program. Wren and Co. will do their best to pack Apogee. Perhaps they will incentivize our student body similar to the way they did last year vs. UTSA. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GreenTexan13 said:

this is warned well enough in advance to make arrangements with work, prior engagements, etc. If we want to be a leader of the pack in the G5, we need to be flexible as fans IMO

1000%

If you want to go, you’ll go. If you don’t, there will be an excuse. 

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

30 minutes ago, Prettylittleeagle said:

It would be nice if the university could do something about class on Thursday evening. Given its the national game and the match up maybe the AD/President could work something out. We are far enough out at this point that the professors could adjust. 

I don't see this happening, but if it did, I think this would be a huge step in the right direction showing that the whole university is on bored. Think about the number of students that might attend because they don't have class, but wouldn't attend normally? kinda cool. 

Home game, possibly a top 25 time team and on national TV...LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

IIRC, I believe Smatresk was able to work this out last year for the UTSA game.

Not everyone has a class on Friday and most students treat Thursday as a Friday anyway, so I don’t see a big deal in having a game played at that time. Plus it’s later in the day. I’m excited for it but I guess I’m in the minority. I understand it’s an inconvenience for some but I thought we all wanted national relavancy?