Anybody going to Sydney Graham’s memorial service ?

greenjoe

I didn’t know Sydney Graham.  I knew Fred just a little.  But I thought going would be a good way to connect somehow to the person that created the nickname “Mean Green.”  I hope I’ll know someone at the service.  For anyone undecided right now (Saturday afternoon @ 1:47p), the service is at the First Christian Church on Fulton street at 3:00.  This is the lady that literally coined the phrase, GO MEAN GREEN.  Thank you.

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1

Sydney’s son spoke of his Mom and gave a very good insight to her.  After he spoke I almost felt like I knew her.  He said Joe Greene had called offering his condolences and said that Sydney had helped his career.  I’m glad I went considering all the shirts I own with her phrase on the front.  

GO MEAN GEEEN

• Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

Sydney Graham.  While watching NT play West Texas A&M, she implored the defense by cheering, “Come Green.  Get Mean.”  We know it today as Mean Green.  She is credited with coining the nick name “Mean Green.”

That rings a bell.  Isn't she the wife of a former UNT AD?