Early week 1 predictions

97and03

SMU at North Texas

Shootout, shootout, shootout, shootout, shootout. The two teams will combine for close to 800 passing yards and a whole lot of fun in Sonny Dykes’ SMU debut. But Seth Littrell’s North Texas team and offense will be just a wee bit better. The team with the ball last wins.

Predicted Line: North Texas -3

May Prediction: North Texas 45, SMU 40

Current Actual Week 1 Line: North Texas -3

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 2

hope you're right but I think the SMU offense may need some time to gel with new playmakers.  They made a living over the last 3 years throwing to those 2 wide receivers...they destroyed us.  Hoping we can prevent preseason injuries and come out at full strength.  If Fine gets better protection than the last 2 games of the 2017 season, we win 37-24.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

I mean,
We have to assume SMU is going to improve from that putrid performance in the Frisco Bowl.

... but how much?    Those players looked like they had genuine disdain for Dykes' existence.   Will they buy-in?    Will they have enough weapons after the departures of Sutton, Quinn & Lawler?

Between all that turmoil/turnover, and the utter contempt the Mean Green has for those guys, I think this game gets ugly (for the ponies) in a hurry, to the delight of a near-sellout crowd at Apogee!

• Lovely Take 2