Future OOC Games

Peak Off-Season Thread:
I’m really liking UNT’s future OOC schedule, here’s how it looks.
2018:
Vs SMU
Vs Incarnate Word
@ Arkansas
@ Liberty

2019:
Vs Abilene Christian
@ SMU
@ Cal
Vs Houston

2020:
Vs SMU
@ Texas A&M
Vs Houston Baptist
@ Houston

2021:
Vs Rhode Island
@ SMU
@ Missouri
Vs Liberty

2022:
Vs Stephen F Austin
Vs Cal
@ Memphis
Vs SMU

2023: 
@ SMU
Vs Memphis
Vs Wyoming
Need 1 more away game

2024:
@ South Alabama
Vs SMU 
@ Texas Tech
Need 1 more home game

2025:
@ Wisconsin
@ Army (Supposedly cancelled but still on the list)
Vs South Alabama
@SMU

2026:
@ Wyoming
Need 2 more home games and 1 away game

2027:
Vs Texas Tech
Vs Army (probably cancelled with @ Army)
Need 2 away games (and likely 1 home game).

What do y’all think of our current OOC schedule? Who would y’all like to see added? Also of note is that Wren hasn’t added any FCS or “body bag games” but instead is trying to get 1 and 1s with upper G5 to lower P5 teams.

• Thanks 4

2 hours ago, AustinFromUNT said:

Also of note is that Wren hasn’t added any FCS or “body bag games” but instead is trying to get 1 and 1s with upper G5 to lower P5 teams.

To quote @UNT90, "Scheduling, the worst thing this AD (RV) does."

I disagree/disagreed with that, but not because I thought RV was good at scheduling. Fun to see some of the series Wren has signed us up for. And he has been able to get them all 1 for 1 to my knowledge. Hasn't had to agree to a 2 for 1 to get top-notch opponents to agree to come to Denton.

• Upvote 1

Looking forward to having Cal, Memphis, Houston, and TT come into town.  Would be cool if Wisconsin and A&M would also pay a visit to Denton, but I don't know enough about how all of that works.  

I'm not really sure how playing Rhode Island helps us, but I'm not really the expert in this.  Regardless, I'll be there!  GMG!  

5 minutes ago, Felozano said:

Looking forward to having Cal, Memphis, Houston, and TT come into town.  Would be cool if Wisconsin and A&M would also pay a visit to Denton, but I don't know enough about how all of that works.  

I'm not really sure how playing Rhode Island helps us, but I'm not really the expert in this.  Regardless, I'll be there!  GMG!  

Should help us get a W.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Prettylittleeagle said:

I'm okay with 2021, just based on the fact that while Mizzou is a rather beatable SEC school historically. Any realistic shot at beating a P5, is a positive in my books. I think that makes up for RI and Liberty...maybe not.

I'd love for us to get Ark on our schedule at home...maybe there is some hope if the match up goes our way this season.

That year's home schedule leaves a little to be desired but overall I'm fine with WB's scheduling. Would've loved one more trip to West Point but I'll make up for it with a trip to Berkeley. 

• Upvote 2

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 7:12 PM, AustinFromUNT said:

Peak Off-Season Thread:
I’m really liking UNT’s future OOC schedule, here’s how it looks.
2018:
Vs SMU
Vs Incarnate Word
@ Arkansas
@ Liberty

2019:
Vs Abilene Christian
@ SMU
@ Cal
Vs Houston

2020:
Vs SMU
@ Texas A&M
Vs Houston Baptist
@ Houston

2021:
Vs Rhode Island
@ SMU
@ Missouri
Vs Liberty

2022:
Vs Stephen F Austin
Vs Cal
@ Memphis
Vs SMU

2023: 
@ SMU
Vs Memphis
Vs Wyoming
Need 1 more away game

2024:
@ South Alabama
Vs SMU 
@ Texas Tech
Need 1 more home game

2025:
@ Wisconsin
@ Army (Supposedly cancelled but still on the list)
Vs South Alabama
@SMU

2026:
@ Wyoming
Need 2 more home games and 1 away game

2027:
Vs Texas Tech
Vs Army (probably cancelled with @ Army)
Need 2 away games (and likely 1 home game).

What do y’all think of our current OOC schedule? Who would y’all like to see added? Also of note is that Wren hasn’t added any FCS or “body bag games” but instead is trying to get 1 and 1s with upper G5 to lower P5 teams.

Like: 

Cal, Arkansas, Missouri, Memphis, SMU, Houston Texas Tech, Wyoming, Army

Dislike:

ACU, Liberty, Houston Baptist, A&M, Wisconsin

Meh:

SFA, South Alabama

Overall:

Like it.  Don't have a real problem with any of my "dislikes" , just being nitpicky.

18 hours ago, meanrob said:

That year's home schedule leaves a little to be desired but overall I'm fine with WB's scheduling. Would've loved one more trip to West Point but I'll make up for it with a trip to Berkeley. 

are they allowed to tackle in California?  If they can tackle they will be paying a tax for it.

• Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, southsideguy said:

are they allowed to tackle in California?  If they can tackle they will be paying a tax for it.

Tackling in Berkley is highly regulated with the regulations being taxed and the taxes being regulated.

6 hours ago, Prettylittleeagle said:

Whats wrong with A&M? It's a body bag game, but a chance to beat a P5 team. 

ACU? Not the greatest team, but we have them at home and they might be a crowd? - Curious on others thoughts around ACU and they crowd they might bring to appogee 

Only thing wrong with A&M and Wisconsin is that they are body bag games.  I honestly don't mind one of those every few years, so the A&M and Wisconsin really aren't that bad.  Some would say A&M and Wisc. are no different than Ark., Missouri, Cal, and TT and I couldn't really make a good argument against that logic.  I just like our chances against those other P5's than against A&M and Wisc.

ACU isn't terrible either.  I just can't get too excited about playing a lower level team.  You make a good point about them possibly bringing a decent crowd because of our proximity to Abilene, but I have no idea how well they travel.

• Upvote 1

If they brought 100 that’s more than smut, but for you newbies after Army & Navy, Tx Tech. ATM,Baylor & K-State- ACU & SFA sold more tickets than anyone(SFA at Fouts sold 5,200 tickets because the Mayor of Mesquite was a friend(DFW Alumni president) almost sellout 19,400 before expansion.

• Upvote 1

ACU always brought a good crowd when we used to open the season with them back in the 80's.  They always had an alumni picnic at McKenna Park.  They have big $$$ and will bring way more than smuT could ever dream of.