College Gameday at Apogee for FAU?

Since we're slowly whittling away at the off-season with big dreams and high hopes... how about this:  College Gameday at Apogee for FAU at UNT? 

They usually pick one or two G5 games a year and if both of us are having an excellent season up to this point it could be an interesting G5 game for them to show up at in November.

Things working for us:

• ESPN loves Kiffin
  • Its a major market game
  • ESPN would probably have no problem getting people to show up for festivities even if they aren't UNT/FAU fans
  • Apogee has lots of room for Gameday to setup
  • I think UCF won't have similar performance this season turning over their whole coaching staff.  They will no longer be the G5 darling.  

Things counting against:

• We may get smoked
  • FAU doesn't travel well
  • UNT has a questionable history filling the stands
  • It may be a Thursday game? (did this get confirmed?)
  • G5

Thoughts?  Feelings?  Disputes?

🦅🦅🦅

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

Since we're slowly whittling away at the off-season with big dreams and high hopes... how about this:  College Gameday at Apogee for FAU at UNT? 

They usually pick one or two G5 games a year and if both of us are having an excellent season up to this point it could be an interesting G5 game for them to show up at in November.

Things working for us:

• ESPN loves Kiffin
  • Its a major market game
  • ESPN would probably have no problem getting people to show up for festivities even if they aren't UNT/FAU fans
  • Apogee has lots of room for Gameday to setup
  • I think UCF won't have similar performance this season turning over their whole coaching staff.  They will no longer be the G5 darling.  

Things counting against:

• We may get smoked
  • FAU doesn't travel well
  • UNT has a questionable history filling the stands
  • It may be a Thursday game? (did this get confirmed?)
  • G5

Thoughts?  Feelings?  Disputes?

🦅🦅🦅

Things counting against:

Thursday night game.

4 hours ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

Is it? Both schools still show the 17th on their respective websites. Not sure where the rumor started, but I've heard it.

We had schedule posters handed out at the Spring game with the revised Thursday date....I am hoping for a Saturday game, which would make it very possible I will come to the game, if its Thursday I will probably have to wait until Monday of game week to make a decision.

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, MrStrange18 said:

The google and the UNT website still says the 17th... 

Would be nice to keep this on a Saturday.  If anyone can confirm this, I would love to start speculating having Gameday here!

Both teams show up ON A SATURDAY undefeated, or with 1 loss (expecting FAU to have at least 1 loss with a game in Norman), and it could be a possibility... especially if NT beats Arkansas.   Otherwise, it's not happening.

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Both teams show up ON A SATURDAY undefeated, or with 1 loss (expecting FAU to have at least 1 loss with a game in Norman), and it could be a possibility... especially if NT beats Arkansas.   Otherwise, it's not happening.

If we beat Arkansas, I don't know if I'll remember another game next season. 

• Upvote 2