DRC: Breaking news -- Tracey Kee has resigned

I wish coach Key the best moving forward, but like others on here, I agree, it is certainly time for a change.

Softball is my favorite of the women's sports, and with our proximity to Oklahoma City, it should be a major priority for us to annually field a competitive team.

In my opinion, there is only one logical candidate for the job... Melyssa Lombardi, associate head coach at Oklahoma. She has held that position since 2007 and has helped recruit and develop some of the best softball players in the country over the last decade.

Here is her bio: http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=31000&ATCLID=210266768

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

It was time for her to go. I know there were some issues surrounding her program at ECU and it seems those issues surfaced at UNT as well. There is a quote from a player who left the UNT program before her senior year that is eerily familiar to what was said at ECU. Not sure how true it is, but when the same issue surfaces at a second location that sounds the same, there may be something to it. Hopefully we get a great replacement. I trust that Wren already has someone in mind. Something tells me this was a resignation in lieu of a firing.

Edited by Venson
spelling
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I appreciate her time here.  She brought in some good talent.  

But there is no excuse for a D1 college softball program in the DFW area, especially one of only two that exists...to not be a stable and steady competitor.  Im really excited and looking forward to seeing who WB brings in.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...