Apogee Turf Project Underway

Harry

9 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Glad they are making the change.  Not only is this a top of the line product, I have always felt our turf looked dirty.  Not sure why, but it appears this will take care of that as well.

Are you talking on TV? 

I would like to put some down in my yard. The eagle would be a good added touch. They should have informed donors so we could have benefited from a bulk order, thus reducing costs, and made a contibution to the scholarship fund as a condition.

:cool::huh:

They have to do something with a a ton, rather, several tons of carpet.  I bet the company that is laying the new could put down the old in your yard.  And if you really do it, call everybody on GMG.  Don’t forget...Even though you won’t have to mow, You will still have to comb those rubber fibers back into the “grass” every so often.

I just did an estimate on my front yard under this type of grass, it is not cheap.  I am sure UNT gets a discount but I am sure it is a lot.  Wonder how the sow on the 50 yd line would look my front yards.  Sure the neighbors would like it? Maybe it will be available at the next garage sale?

• Lovely Take 1

This has been a funny topic around the metroplex. Lots of folks who know I’m a UNT alum (first time I’ve gotten to say that 😎)... and they are saying that they’ve heard about our new turf.

It’s cool too bc they didn’t hear from me. Radio, newspaper, social media. Funny that it’s had as much staying power as a hot topic for UNT 

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

On 5/18/2018 at 7:04 PM, UNTLifer said:

Mainly yes, but somewhat in person.  I don't think dirty is the right word, but the color was not very vibrant.

I noticed that when they laid the turf down before the stadium opened, the colors got significantly duller after they added in the rubber pellets.  

• Upvote 1

I went out to look at the turf today and actually got a chance to walk on the field. Snapped a few pics. I am not a photographer, but I hope this gives everyone an Idea of how the turf is. definitely deep grass like turf. I wish they would have had this stuff back in my playing days. Oh by the way, no I didn't play at North Texas. LOL. Didn't even play college football. You know I have to go back to my high school days like Al Bundy. Except it wasn't Polk High. ROTFLMAO.

20180528_102347.jpg

20180528_102400.jpg

20180528_102540.jpg

20180528_102548.jpg

20180528_102614.jpg

20180528_102638.jpg

20180528_102724.jpg

20180528_102735.jpg

Edited by Venson
Addition.
  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

#HumbleBrag  😉

Well, heck yes...the “negotiation” process with the wife was epic! When you “win one” you got to spread the good news! 😂😂😂

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Needs a Battle Flag on the storage shed.

The grandkids fort (you can see the end of it to the right of the shed) has a UNT metal eagle and the fort has green lights...light ‘em up after wins! The battle flag flies on a permanent basis in the front of our house along with a “protected by the Mean Green” sign and an Alumni Association banner. We got it pretty much covered! 👍 Proudly! 

• Upvote 4

On 5/30/2018 at 10:18 AM, southsideguy said:

can ask what they charged a sq ft?

Sorry...just now saw this...I am out of town, but when I get home I’ll pull out the documentation am PM you the answer. I’ll be home in about 2 weeks. Sorry for the delay.

On 5/15/2018 at 7:39 AM, MrStrange18 said:

At first I was on board with the Texas behind the eagle.  Now, not so much.  I liked that we had a logo that didnt rely on anything else to make it more "legitimate."  Can you think of any P5 school that uses the state outline with their logo?  

I would maybe consider putting the outline of Texas on the small UNT logo, but don't mess with the eagle.

I will say though, that I do like that it is subtle.  Do wish the midfield logo was a little bigger.  I like the look that programs are doing with bigger logos there. 

Just my two cents...

UT, A&M and TTech come to mind.

• Upvote 1