Apogee Turf Project Underway

Harry

1 hour ago, MrStrange18 said:

At first I was on board with the Texas behind the eagle.  Now, not so much.  I liked that we had a logo that didnt rely on anything else to make it more "legitimate."  Can you think of any P5 school that uses the state outline with their logo?  

I would maybe consider putting the outline of Texas on the small UNT logo, but don't mess with the eagle.

I will say though, that I do like that it is subtle.  Do wish the midfield logo was a little bigger.  I like the look that programs are doing with bigger logos there. 

Just my two cents...

Not all the time because they have a grass field and can change the logo, but Texas AM will have the state of texas behind their ATM for some games.  

Also, i know a few of the Basketball courts have the state of texas behind the logos.

11 minutes ago, Green P1 said:

Bunt?

More likely, the ones that would pull such a stunt are a little more philosophical and snobby; they would do something like this...

Kant.jpg.fcc8f58c0690464d0712e82f96a1e10f.jpg

I don't see the Texas outline as being a traditional "logo." Just based on what I can tell from the drawing and the release saying finishing the endzones will be delayed it appears the Texas outline is just a darker shade of turf (similar to what some schools do with alternating colors every 5 years) and the darker turf will be around the apron of the field as well. I like that concept better than if it the Texas was kelly green. I look forward to seeing this but I think it will be more subtle than the rendering makes it look.

I get the concerns on UNT but reality is the University brands itself as UNT across the region and nation. I think us old timers know it as North Texas or for me North Texas State but the students today know it as UNT. Since the University provides such a substantial part of the budget, if they want the UNT brand in front of a national TV audience then so be it.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, meangreenJW said:

I get the concerns on UNT but reality is the University brands itself as UNT across the region and nation. I think us old timers know it as North Texas or for me North Texas State but the students today know it as UNT. Since the University provides such a substantial part of the budget, if they want the UNT brand in front of a national TV audience then so be it.

Yeah.
"North Texas" : "UNT"
"Southern Cal" : "USC"
"Central Florida" : "UCF"
"South Florida" : "USF"
They seem interchangeable to me.   If we're going to do that, it's just important that the general CFB fan can grasp the correlation.   
Don't want: "Who's UNT?  Oh, North Texas!"

5 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Yeah.
"North Texas" : "UNT"
"Southern Cal" : "USC"
"Central Florida" : "UCF"
"South Florida" : "USF"
They seem interchangeable to me.   If we're going to do that, it's just important that the general CFB fan can grasp the correlation.   
Don't want: "Who's UNT?  Oh, North Texas!"

Agreed. Interestingly enough I don't think USF or UCF allow "South Florida or Central Florida" anymore. They have went to exclusively USF OR UCF. 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

21 hours ago, Mean Green Matt said:

This is good. The old field was incredibly boring. Houston has the downtown skyline in their end zone. It's about time we at least spice it up a little bit. 

With Kelly Green😉