Top Group Of Five vs. Power Five Upset Alerts

bdan2002

WE COME IN AT #4!!

https://collegefootballnews.com/2018/04/daily-five-top-group-of-five-vs-power-five-upset-alerts/2

Call this the puncher’s chance game.

Under new head man Chad Morris, can the Hogs manage to come up with more of a defense than his SMU teams cranked up? At the very least, his offense should throw the ball at will.

But North Texas is dangerous, with a loaded offense returning, and nine starters back on defense including all four in the secondary. This is a Mean Green team that put up 497 points last season in a nine-win campaign, and now it’ll be even more dangerous.

And Arkansas – coming off a road game at Colorado State – might be looking a wee bit ahead to the SEC opener at Auburn, followed up by a trip to Arlington to face Texas A&M, followed up by Alabama.

Whatever the total is, go over, and assume this will be a wild and crazy 47-42ish game with about 800 passing yards and lots of big plays.

And an experienced UNT team that won’t be fazed in any way by the SEC environment.

• Upvote 6

Morris will surprise God and everybody if he can take an inherited roster, introduce his offense, and have it hitting on all cylinders by September 15. He probably has a quality group of athletes but I think we can overcome any edge he might have with execution and erection...the intense desire to get some payback for previous Arkansas trips (one in particular we coulda, woulda, shoulda) and a piece of the hide of the former SMUtmaster. A victory would be a twofer!

Like oldguy, I'm hoping for the best.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, EagleMBA said:

Morris will surprise God and everybody if he can take an inherited roster, introduce his offense, and have it hitting on all cylinders by September 15. He probably has a quality group of athletes but I think we can overcome any edge he might have with execution and erection...the intense desire to get some payback for previous Arkansas trips (one in particular we coulda, woulda, shoulda) and a piece of the hide of the former SMUtmaster. A victory would be a twofer!

Like oldguy, I'm hoping for the best.

PA-3829946.jpg

HUH HUH..HUH HUH..HUH HUH

HE SAID ..............

• Haha 7

I would feel a lot better about our chances of pulling off the upset if Jeffrey Wilson was back.   The new RB's may give us a big boost.  But, I was not really impressed with the running game after Wilson was hurt last year.  Its not that the running game was bad.   It was just not the running game with Wilson.

Edited by akriesman

1 hour ago, Wag Tag said:

The first half of that game may of been Macs coaching highlight!

Some of his better OOC games that he coached here were against Power teams. We were in the game at K-State and UGa in the 4th quarters. We didn't get absolutely crushed at LSU, like we had previous times down there.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

On 5/11/2018 at 9:24 AM, akriesman said:

I would feel a lot better about our chances of pulling off the upset if Jeffrey Wilson was back.   The new RB's may give us a big boost.  But, I was not really impressed with the running game after Wilson was hurt last year.  Its not that the running game was bad.   It was just not the running game with Wilson.

Running game minus Wilson wasn’t awful, but our inability to complete balls in 1 on 1 situations and win those match ups that really killed us.  Also I think you have to add a little bit of Qb run game on reads on the edges to bring another element to defense without Wilson.  IMO 

On 5/11/2018 at 10:23 AM, untjim1995 said:

Some of his better OOC games that he coached here were against Power teams. We were in the game at K-State and UGa in the 4th quarters. We didn't get absolutely crushed at LSU, like we had previous times down there.

Good things happen when you have a really good defense and your offense stays on the field for 5/6 minutes a drive gives defensive coaches time to make adjustments to what they’re trying to do

• Upvote 1