19 QB Chase Griffin - Hutto

On 6/16/2018 at 10:46 AM, UNTLifer said:

Honestly, I don't expect everyone to be in agreement with what I post but you come across as condescending when you don't agree with what someone states. 

I appreciate your input, know that you have some connections in regards to recruiting and you have taken the time to create a rating system based on the caliber of offers a player receives but this is an inexact "science" so there is more than one valid opinion to how and why players decide where to sign. 

By the way, I also upvote your posts I like. I am not one to downvote everything based on a perception of the poster. 

When I disagree with someone on this board, and they disagree with me, it opens the door for a good back and forth as long as facts and logic are used to support each side. And I get healthy conversations on this board born from disagreement. But from you all I seem to get is you acting butt hurt by my posts and calling me an expert in air quotes (which I have never claimed to be), or otherwise talking about my recruiting background.

I disagreed with your post, but I don't see why you don't choose to defend your stance and explain your logic. I don't make things personal, and I'm always up for a back and forth that brings up points and facts I hadn't considered. That sounded self righteous as hell, but you get what I mean.

• Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 2

On 6/15/2018 at 10:55 PM, UNTLifer said:

I stated it because we have more young depth than ever before.  Plus, UCLA is a "P5" in LA.  I know you are the recruiting expert, but there are different opinions on this board that are also valid.

And here's my response and I took your response as condescending which was:

On 6/15/2018 at 7:35 PM, BillySee58 said:

don't know what to call this, but I see it a lot on here. People think just because they can name players on our roster, that makes our depth chart better and more daunting to incoming recruits than the depth charts on other rosters. It's pretty prevalent on here, but I'm slightly surprised that it even extends to P5 teams like UCLA.

I didn't state this because "I can name players on our roster," I stated it because that is the thought that crossed my mind.  True, I didn't research UCLA's depth, but I can see where we have a current starter that will be in place two more seasons and very young, good depth behind him.

• Haha 1