19 QB Chase Griffin - Hutto

#1 2019 QB TX 5A/6A in EVERY passing category two years in a row 
4.0 NCAA Core GPA
Team Captain
Semper Fidelis All-American
AP and TSWA All-State
Jr. Season. 272-405 (67%). 4,138 Yds. 40 Tds - 4 INTs. 3 Rush TDs.

Only has Ivy League offers right now (Brown, Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth, Brown), but at least you know he will make grades.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2018 at 12:49 PM, BillySee58 said:

I like it. So does this confirm Holgorsen has decommitted?

I'll take this cat over any 19 we've offered.  Kid is a gamechanger.  He could redshirt in Fines SR YEAR, and immediately replace him.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

I honestly thought he was headed to North Texas for sure. He committed to UCLA this morning.

Thought he was as well. UCLA is an interesting pick as they tend to way underachieve. 

• Downvote 2

Honestly, with Our depth and Finnegan delayed two years, we may not be terribly attractive compared to a program with not as much depth.  We have Fine for two more years and the. Pearson, Martin and Bean that are RS Fr or true Fr.

3 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

yes that is my pick!! i have heard for a while he was Seth top choice

Interesting. Thanks!

4 hours ago, Prettylittleeagle said:

^This he's a great QB, but I bet this was a heavy factor and rightfully so. Hate to see him go, thought we might have had him...UCLA is a good home.

6 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Honestly, with Our depth and Finnegan delayed two years, we may not be terribly attractive compared to a program with not as much depth.  We have Fine for two more years and the. Pearson, Martin and Bean that are RS Fr or true Fr.

I don't know what to call this, but I see it a lot on here. People think just because they can name players on our roster, that makes our depth chart better and more daunting to incoming recruits than the depth charts on other rosters. It's pretty prevalent on here, but I'm slightly surprised that it even extends to P5 teams like UCLA.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

Interesting. Thanks!

I don't know what to call this, but I see it a lot on here. People think just because they can name players on our roster, that makes our depth chart better and more daunting to incoming recruits than the depth charts on other rosters. It's pretty prevalent on here, but I'm slightly surprised that it even extends to P5 teams like UCLA.

I stated it because we have more young depth than ever before.  Plus, UCLA is a "P5" in LA.  I know you are the recruiting expert, but there are different opinions on this board that are also valid.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I stated it because we have more young depth than ever before.  Plus, UCLA is a "P5" in LA.  I know you are the recruiting expert, but there are different opinions on this board that are also valid.

Hm, I always seem to get a downvote notification when I get a response from you. Wonder why that is.

I mean, it's promising because Littrell and Harrell have done such a good job with Fine, but there's zero indication that the other guys who have never thrown a division one pass would provide tougher competition than UCLA's QBs. And from the standpoint of a recruit, they aren't committing to UCLA because they're scared off by competition from a bunch of G5 signees who have never thrown a division one pass.

I think we'll sign a good QB this class, and with no other QB commits, plus a junior QB who will be gone after they redshirt, the situation actually should be in our favor for a high school QB.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

I am also the one that downvoted your post. I thought that was tr purpose is we were in disagreement with the post. Honestly, I don't expect everyone to be in agreement with what I post but you come across as condescending when you don't agree with what someone states. 

I appreciate your input, know that you have some connections in regards to recruiting and you have taken the time to create a rating system based on the caliber of offers a player receives but this is an inexact "science" so there is more than one valid opinion to how and why players decide where to sign. 

By the way, I also upvote your posts I like. I am not one to downvote everything based on a perception of the poster. 

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

I am also the one that downvoted your post. I thought that was tr purpose is we were in disagreement with the post.

I almost never downvote people based on different opinions.  I usually reserve it for posters who are clearly trolling.

Upvotes/likes/thanks I use very liberally.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, greenminer said:

I almost never downvote people based on different opinions.  I usually reserve it for posters who are clearly trolling.

Upvotes/likes/thanks I use very liberally.

I agree or unless I really disagree with someone. I usually just give positive ratings.