Fine gets snubbed by sporting news, ranked 24th out of returning QBs

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/list/top-25-quarterbacks-2018-tua-tagovailoa-jake-fromm-trace-mcsorley-khalil-tate-shea-patterson-heisman-contenders/rizuuo14tn4k14yxjx4wjxl5j/slide/2

Khalil Tate at 4 is a joke and we haven't seen Kyler Murray play a whole game since he was an Aggie.  Mason should br higher on this list because of Hail Mason alone, not to mention his passing production outshines most of these guys.

Edit:. Athlon was more generous with 16.

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/college-football-starting-quarterback-rankings-2018

Edited by peanuts104
  • Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1

2 hours ago, peanuts104 said:

2nd highest ranked G5 quarterback - with only UCF's Melton ranked higher.  Hard to complain.  According to this ranking, we should have the decided QB advance every single week in 2018.

Next step is for Fine to cut down the turnovers while maintaining offensive explosiveness.  With what I feel is a receiving corp with more play-making potential, I'm expecting this is exactly what we'll see - provided the OLine comes together quickly.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

The only one I have issue with is Murray who is unproven.

People will be saying the same thing about Fine next year that we are saying about Stockstill!

I don't think he's unproven. Has had enough experience and is in a similar offense under the Stoops tree.

Edited by Aldo

1 hour ago, Aldo said:

I don't think he's unproven. Has had enough experience and is in a similar offense under the Stoops tree.

He was a failure at A&M and has proven nothing at OU.  Now, could he be great in that program?  Sure, but until he performs on the field, it is all speculation.