Group of Five coaches that are on the rise and ready to move up the ranks

Harry

6. Seth Littrell, North Texas - After an encouraging 5-8 debut season in 2016, North Texas burst on to the scene last year with a surprising 9-5 record and captured their first C-USA West division title. Littrell’s Air Raid offense has been a perfect fit for UNT and the Mean Green should be in store for another dynamite season as star players Mason Fine, Jalen Guyton and Michael Lawrence all return. Littrell has turned around North Texas without the recruiting success you’d expect from a coach who’s located in the talent-rich DFW metroplex, nor the coaching stability as his staff was raided by P5 schools before last year’s breakthrough season. The former tells me that Littrell is a great developer of talent who knows how to get the most out of his players, while the latter shows that Littrell has a good eye for coaching talent.

read more:  https://www.underdogdynasty.com/2018/5/7/17174894/g5-head-coaching-candidates-on-the-rise-neal-brown-bryan-harsin-mike-norvell-group-of-five-p5-fcs

3 hours ago, Wag Tag said:

Timing wise it might better for  UNT to loose Seth first and have an option of Graham. Loosing Graham first could hurt.

Disagree. 

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Wag Tag said:

Timing wise it might better for  UNT to loose Seth first and have an option of Graham. Loosing Graham first could hurt.

If we loose Harrell: Littrell and Wren are really gambling & they had better have someone in mind.
If we loose Littrell: Wren is trying to torpedo NT athletics & needs to be fired.

Edited by MeanGreenTexan
  • Haha 1

Remember...this is fairly balanced offense. And that comes from Littrell's desire to run the ball out of this spread. And it is effective. Littrell made that the structure of this offense, not Harrell. The next OC in here will run Littrell's offense too.

I'm not knocking Harrell, he's done a great job with Fine and the offense but if If we lose Harrell after this year....I'm gonna guess the line would form to the left to come in here and coach Fine and all these skill players in their senior year. We'll be a desirable spot for a really good coach. And it's another feather in LIttrell's hat as a HC that his assistants continue to get promoted.

Losing Harrell doesn't make me nervous one bit...

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, southsideguy said:

What no HC from FAU?

Note: The names who appear on this list are coaches who have yet to have a gig at a P5 school as a head coach, offensive or defensive coordinator, so coaches such as Lane Kiffin and Rhett Lashlee will not appear on the list. Meaning head coaches can have experience as a P5 coordinator but not as a P5 head coach. Coordinators can not have experience as P5 coordinator or as a P5 head coach.

24 minutes ago, forevereagle said:

Note: The names who appear on this list are coaches who have yet to have a gig at a P5 school as a head coach, offensive or defensive coordinator, so coaches such as Lane Kiffin and Rhett Lashlee will not appear on the list. Meaning head coaches can have experience as a P5 coordinator but not as a P5 head coach. Coordinators can not have experience as P5 coordinator or as a P5 head coach.

But doesn't Littrell have P5 Offensive Coordinator experience? 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

But doesn't Littrell have P5 Offensive Coordinator experience? 

34 minutes ago, forevereagle said:

Meaning head coaches can have experience as a P5 coordinator but not as a P5 head coach.

Not being a d but answering your question

Back to the article, I find a few oddities with the list.

1.  Coach Ken at Navy probably isn't going anywhere and will be a career coach at Navy.  He's had a couple of chances and I think the comment regarding the Arizona recruit balking at his hiring because of the offense he runs would be message enough to a number of bigger schools.

2.  Fritz is in the same boat as Coach Ken and will be severly limited by the offense he runs.

3.  I find it odd that Kiffin isn't mentioned considering the job he has done at FAU.  Is it a result of his reputation?  Is it a result of how he has built FAU?  Not sure, but having one of his assistants without him on the list is odd.  (Just saw the disclaimer above).

Edited by UNTLifer