DRC: UNT player countdown Nos. 25-21

Brett, nice article, but seems it would be better suited if they read in reverse order. Meaning start with 25 and work to 21. I jumped to the bottom of the article and read it like a count down. I read 25 first and 21 last. I think Tyreke Davis will hold Preston off. He is definitely an upgrade at the position.

Edited by Venson
spelling
  • Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Venson said:

Brett, nice article, but seems it would be better suited if they read in reverse order. Meaning start with 25 and work to 21. I jumped to the bottom of the article and read it like a count down. I read 25 first and 21 last. I think Tyreke Davis will hold Preston off. He is definitely and upgrade at the position.

Amen. Tyreke and Siggers are major upgrades athletically, and while they will make some young mistakes, they should be able to correct better due to their athleticism, and that mistake won’t be nearly as noticeable. Will be a fun pair to watch for the next 3-4 years.

1 hour ago, MGNation92 said:

I know we're counting on Jo Ozougwu to really step in, but we are pretty screwed at LB if Faison doesn't come in and make an immediate impact.

Agreed, but there are so many variables that could impact the depth and quality of the front 7.  For instance, the name we hate to even bring up, Bryce English.  If he is just serviceable, not even an impact type of guy but can be rotational, it would have a huge impact on what you can do with Young, Novil and the depth situation.  If he turns out to be a dud you have limitations.  If the secondary improves, ie like we thought they would be last season it makes the front 7 situation that much easier.

I still see this defense as an athletic speed to the ball type of squad with our weakness, exposure being right up the gut.  I think they will be able use blitzes and misdirection, stunts etc to offset some of the deficiencies. 

I am interested in LeBlanc, Novil, RJ Reynolds and Saafi in terms of what they can bring to the defense.  It is interesting but on the roster we have just 2 DT's listed.  Also not sure how McMillan will factor in but he could be a big plus.