Owls ranked #17 USA Today

Rushing of the field and goal posts down when we beat them in November!  This would be the first win over a nationally ranked team since I’ve been raising my talon since September 1986.  

Go Mean Green!!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Oh, those Owls.  I was thinking the crack must be top-notch at the USA Today offices if they had Rice ranked at #17.

That seems a little high for FAU too, but it's good for C-USA.  They're the highest-ranked G5 team on this list.

EDIT: I see that there's already a thread on this.  A merge might be in order.

Edited by Mean Green 93-98

I thought FAU was a top 25 in '17. They certainly deserve their spot . How can someone not agree after they thoroughly trounced us twice? Both were no contest almost as much as was SMU. Now Troy was another matter--they had a QB with a hot hand that day, but look at their record. Only Coastal Carolina was beaten worse than us in the SunBelt. I can still see us getting possession after half at two points down and Fine taking the sack and coughing up the ball--game over!! it's no fault of his getting sacked but you don't cough up the ball when we had the chance to make it a game. Low point of season considering opponnet ( except for SMU which is always a beating). La Tech exposed just how poorly we match up every year against SMU by their performance in the Frisco Bowl. I FINALLY have learned and given up my tickets to the first game. We stand a better chance of beating Arkansas than SMU. It's taken 50 years of frustration to finally prove to me that SMU will always outclass and out perform us in every way. We hand Sutton 4 of the 10 TDs he gets for '17 season, and the next week TCU shows how to make him a non factor. Except for the game where SMU wanted an excuse to fire June Jones and laid down, we have not even been close to being a factor in that game for decades. See you later , and hope you enjoy the beat down on Sept. 1. When will we finally pull the plug on this series? The embarrassement has gone on long enough.

• Confused 1
  • Downvote 9

On 5/3/2018 at 8:43 PM, NM Green said:

Rushing of the field and goal posts down when we beat them in November!  This would be the first win over a nationally ranked team since I’ve been raising my talon since September 1986.  

Go Mean Green!!!!!

If you do that, wonder if they could have it repaired in time for the championship game the following weekend?

21 hours ago, DallasGreen said:

I thought FAU was a top 25 in '17. They certainly deserve their spot . How can someone not agree after they thoroughly trounced us twice? Both were no contest almost as much as was SMU. Now Troy was another matter--they had a QB with a hot hand that day, but look at their record. Only Coastal Carolina was beaten worse than us in the SunBelt. I can still see us getting possession after half at two points down and Fine taking the sack and coughing up the ball--game over!! it's no fault of his getting sacked but you don't cough up the ball when we had the chance to make it a game. Low point of season considering opponnet ( except for SMU which is always a beating). La Tech exposed just how poorly we match up every year against SMU by their performance in the Frisco Bowl. I FINALLY have learned and given up my tickets to the first game. We stand a better chance of beating Arkansas than SMU. It's taken 50 years of frustration to finally prove to me that SMU will always outclass and out perform us in every way. We hand Sutton 4 of the 10 TDs he gets for '17 season, and the next week TCU shows how to make him a non factor. Except for the game where SMU wanted an excuse to fire June Jones and laid down, we have not even been close to being a factor in that game for decades. See you later , and hope you enjoy the beat down on Sept. 1. When will we finally pull the plug on this series? The embarrassement has gone on long enough.

bait.gif

Edited by grossman
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 3