Green van, who dis?

MrStrange18

That’s a good looking paint or wrap job.  Reminds me of Bill Vogel.

This got me thinking.  When it was announced that the Regal Eagle was for sale, part of the deal was that the graphics had to be removed and returned to the University.  Why is that ?  And how does a graphic on the R-E differ from a window decal in the back of a Chevy ?

GO MEAN GREEN

Edited by greenjoe
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, MrStrange18 said:

Saw this awesome van when I was driving through Mansfield yesterday. Anyone know who it belongs to?

While on this topic, what other awesome Mean Green vehicles can be seen at a football tailgate? 

IMG_9025.JPG

I met a  couple of folks at the HOD Bowl vs. UNLV that had some great t-shirts with the original Flying Worm logo.  I asked them where they got them and they stated that they were from Mansfield and had them for sale.  Admittedly, I had a few too many bloody mary's that morning and never remembered their name.

9 hours ago, greenjoe said:

‘54 Ford ?

14 minutes ago, Harry said:

🤩

You have a good eye.  It’s a 53 Ford.  That horrible rear bumper comes off this week and then “Scrappy” will be ready to show.  Note the Mean Green sticker on the rear window  

Edited by ntexeagle
  • Upvote 5

On 4/29/2018 at 6:40 PM, ntexeagle said:

This will make an appearance one day soon

91CD9402-DFBF-4E04-BC05-0B4D3753FA7E.png

Ok, let me be the first to say it....I'm GREEN with envy over your wonderful 53 Ford P.U.  I would love to have a Ford P.U from this era, or a 5 window Chevy/GMC from the same time frame. 

BTW, this would be a perfect vehicle for the TALONS. The replica spirit bell (our first game-time spirit icon) could be mounted on a utility trailer, like it originally was, and a pickup like this could bring it into the stadium and park it in front of section where the Cannon is set up. They could  then revive the original Fouts field spirit tradition of ringing the bell as the team enters the field and after scores. 

The original vehicle to bring the bell in on it's trailer was what looked like a WW2 surplus jeep. Image result for NTSU spirit bell 1960's

A history of the Spirit Bell.

https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth61034/m1/18/?q=Talons, spirit bell

Speaking of prior traditions. Here is proof that we once had a "traditional football band"

https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth61034/m1/60/?q=Talons, spirit bell

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 2

I have always wanted an old truck but seeing the picture makes me want it more.  I always thought i say with the classic color but not any more.   Does it have three on the tree???  Very cool truck. I still  have a flying worm window decal waiting for the day i get my old truck.

On 4/29/2018 at 6:40 PM, ntexeagle said:

This will make an appearance one day soon

91CD9402-DFBF-4E04-BC05-0B4D3753FA7E.png

• Lovely Take 1

49 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

T

hat color green they need the flying worm on it.  How old is that camper?  I think my parents on this same on in the 60's.

Agreed.  The flying worm would be a better choice both for color and model year.  It’s a 1974 Apache Ramada.  He put a lot of work into it.

• Lovely Take 1

On 5/2/2018 at 6:22 AM, southsideguy said:

I have always wanted an old truck but seeing the picture makes me want it more.  I always thought i say with the classic color but not any more.   Does it have three on the tree???  Very cool truck. I still  have a flying worm window decal waiting for the day i get my old truck.

No three on the tree.  It has a C6 transmission with a floor shifter.  It’s powered by a big block 429, full cam and big ol’ four barrel.  It runs like Patrick Cobbs, fast and powerful. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, ntexeagle said:

No three on the tree.  It has a C6 transmission with a floor shifter.  It’s powered by a big block 429, full cam and big ol’ four barrel.  It runs like Patrick Cobbs, fast and powerful. 

☹️....oh my! You are breaking my heart!  it should have a  flat head V-8 with three on the tree. You can make it high performance like this........Related image............

.Image result for national association for the advancement of flatheads...FLATHEADS FOREVER!

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Downvote 1