Mean Green 2017 Football Survey Results

UNT asked fans to participate in an extensive survey on the gameday experience at Mean Green football games at Apogee Stadium, and the results of that survey are now available.

The survey was conducted from Nov. 25, 2017, to Dec. 22, 2017, and was distributed via email blasts and social media. There were 785 responses, and the survey covered:

• First impressions of UNT/Apogee Stadium
  • CSC and Guest Services
  • Mean Green Concessions
  • Apparel
  • Green Brigade Marching Band
  • Video and Sound
  • Overall Gameday Experience

Click here to view the survey results

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/ntex/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/2017-18/misc_non_event/2017footballsurveyresults.pdf

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 3

Proof that most people are oblivious, don't care or are just dumb. Or at the very least haven't been to another college football game at the FBS level.

It's close to fact that our PA guy sucks, yet he gets 85%+ satisfied? 85% were satisfied with band uniforms? Come on.

Hopefully those in charge here are smarter than the masses.

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 9

1 hour ago, GRN-WHT said:

Proof that most people are oblivious, don't care or are just dumb. Or at the very least haven't been to another college football game at the FBS level.

It's close to fact that our PA guy sucks, yet he gets 85%+ satisfied? 85% were satisfied with band uniforms? Come on.

Hopefully those in charge here are smarter than the masses.

Or, maybe most people are not chapped enough to actually register either of those things as "dissatisfying" to their gameday experience.   

And if you are, I feel sorry for you.   

Relax and enjoy.

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Or, maybe most people are not chapped enough to actually register either of those things as "dissatisfying" to their gameday experience.   

Relax and enjoy.

I absolutely do no understand why anybody would spend so many years and so much money on something they so consistently loathe. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Relax and enjoy.

So you think everybody should just mark satisfied on every metric presented no matter how good or bad? 

• Upvote 2

Satisfied is not a strong endorsement of the thing, just that it doesn't have a significant impact on one's ability to enjoy the game. Not sure why we are reading something into these results beyond that people are not as angry as some around here about certain things, and not super excited about them either. Basically, satisfied = meh. 

Edited by forevereagle
  • Lovely Take 1

2 minutes ago, forevereagle said:

On a 4 point scale, satisfied is a 2, or the second lowest rating. Satisfied is also not a strong endorsement of the thing, just that it doesn't have a significant impact on one's ability to enjoy the game. Not sure why we are reading something into these results beyond that people are not as angry as some around here about certain things, and not super excited about them either. Basically, satisfied = meh. 

Exactly.  The goal should be to create a Game Day experience that wows the fan and makes them want to come back.  Meh is the deathblow because they don't care either way.  Let's make them care.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, GRN-WHT said:

So you think everybody should just mark satisfied on every metric presented no matter how good or bad? 

I don't think you should be "dissatisfied" about such menial things.   If those things burn you during a football game so bad that you're "dissatisfied" with them, that is sad.   Again, relax and enjoy.

"Dissatisfied" would be a proper response to something like Wren removing all team store merch, and instead, only selling Green Brigade Summer Dress Chinos & Autographed posters of Tim Couch.    THAT is "dissatisfying".

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 3

50 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Exactly.  The goal should be to create a Game Day experience that wows the fan and makes them want to come back.  Meh is the deathblow because they don't care either way.  Let's make them care.

Or, it could just be an endorsement of "We're not here to critique the jumbotrons showing scores of other games, rather, to watch a football game."

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Maybe someone can explain the graph?  But how does the band pre game show get 93% 'Satisfied' as listed at the top....but in the graph only 55 percent of people on the left?  

Does that mean 55 percent of those surveyed answered the question?  I'm probably reading it wrong I guess?

But one thing you can take away is that if it's on the Survey...then they damn sure have heard complaints about it.  And for me it means they know there's been some grumbling about the lousy P.A. announcer and that we have issues with the band that needs attention.  I appreciate the acknowledgment.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

My takeaway was that the AD people actually read the survey.  I base this on the quotes after each category.  Now, there may or may not be any action taken right away but I think they know what John Q. Fan is thinking.  I was pleased to see that things that mattered to me mattered to others.

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I don't think you should be "dissatisfied" about such menial things.   If those things burn you during a football game so bad that you're "dissatisfied" with them, that is sad.   Again, relax and enjoy.

"Dissatisfied" would be a proper response to something like Wren removing all team store merch, and instead, only selling Green Brigade Summer Dress Chinos & Autographed posters of Tim Couch.    THAT is "dissatisfying".

menial to you and menial to me are totally different...why call things that i think are important "menial" and then say that it's sad someone feels this way?

i want our school to be awesome...to be great in every way...i was EXTREMELY dissatisfied about the band last year....uniform, show, showmanship....but those things are important to me...sorry they aren't to you, but no reason to talk down to someone that wants those things to be amazing at our school.

i was in the green brigade in the 90s...never wore shorts, never marched just one show...we did 3 a year...full uniform every game, third quarter we could take off our jacket...nick was my drum major...the green brigade has diminished in quality and showmanship lately....is what it is...but i'll be damned if someone says that i can't say that they dissatisfy me and to be cool and relax...this is my school...this is my green brigade...and i'm cool and relaxed as f@ck...but a marching band is damn important to the school and football program. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, THOR said:

menial to you and menial to me are totally different...why call things that i think are important "menial" and then say that it's sad someone feels this way?

i want our school to be awesome...to be great in every way...i was EXTREMELY dissatisfied about the band last year....uniform, show, showmanship....but those things are important to me...sorry they aren't to you, but no reason to talk down to someone that wants those things to be amazing at our school.

i was in the green brigade in the 90s...never wore shorts, never marched just one show...we did 3 a year...full uniform every game, third quarter we could take off our jacket...nick was my drum major...the green brigade has diminished in quality and showmanship lately....is what it is...but i'll be damned if someone says that i can't say that they dissatisfy me and to be cool and relax...this is my school...this is my green brigade...and i'm cool and relaxed as f@ck...but a marching band is damn important to the school and football program. 

How can anyone be “extremely dissatisfied” about anything last year??

”extremely dissatisfied” would be like you would consider walking away from the program if your concern was not addressed?    Really?  Over the GBs attire?

Of course everything can be better.  Wren should be striving for it, which I’m assuming he is by polling people... but I can’t imagine feeling any sort of “dissatisfaction” from a game at Apogee, unless we lose the actual game.

• Downvote 1

46 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

”extremely dissatisfied” would be like you would consider walking away from the program if your concern was not addressed?    Really?  Over the GBs attire?

Of course everything can be better.  Wren should be striving for it, which I’m assuming he is by polling people... but I can’t imagine feeling any sort of “dissatisfaction” from a game at Apogee, unless we lose the actual game.

That is all that truly matters to me. The GB could come out in their birthday suits and the PA guy could be screaming at us, but if we win I walk away very satisfied. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

Maybe someone can explain the graph?  But how does the band pre game show get 93% 'Satisfied' as listed at the top....but in the graph only 55 percent of people on the left?  

Rick, 93% appears to make sense if you consider it a sum of "satisfied" and "very satisfied"

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

You do realize the survey asked specific questions about things like the PA and the band right? 

Of course these things aren’t going to make me stop coming and and I am satisfied with the overall experience. But if somebody asks me a specific question about the PA announcer, I’m going to say he sucks, if they ask me about the band, I’m going to say they look like crap in their shorts. The closest available response to match my thoughts on these specific questions was “very dissatisfied.”

Not sure where you came up with the idea that people who express concerns with the PA and the band are ready to drive down Bonnie Brae to light the AD on fire. 

• Thanks 3

Not all Five Stars are created equal and the best of the best in the land is who we should be striving to be.  We have the musicians we have the setting we have an emerging brand.  When doesn’t do things to rubber stamp approval. I am confident he read between the lines about what is hitting the mark getting better and needs intense attention.  

Its like trying to be the best without knowing how high he bar is really set by the best.

keep refining Mean Green!

GMG

• Upvote 1