Speaking of facilities......

DeepGreen

5 minutes ago, Venson said:

I understand that people are complaining about the track around the soccer field, but let's be honest. It is financially the right thing to do. Why? Because if we are honest with ourselves, soccer and track & field do not generate much revenue in the United States. If you want to make real money in those sports you have to leave the country. I bet you there are not 10 people on this board that can name 5 track meets outside of the Olympics and World Championships without using Google. I bet there are not 10 that can name 5 world class track & field athletes on the USA team. I am not saying that's bad, I am just being realistic. I could not name you one soccer team outside of the Dallas Stars. I want the Mean Green to be great in those sports, but they do not generate the revenue to justify each getting their own facility and I am a huge T&F fan. It's just a fact, the USA is all about football, basketball, and baseball. Everything else is so far behind those three that it's not even funny.

Agree 1000% I'm very happy for the track and soccer kids. But even at $14 million, I swallow hard. If they were split facilities, it would be at least $20. Probably more like $22 million.