How Do You Want To Fill The Last 3 Spots?

BillySee58

What direction do you hope we go with the last 3 scholarship spots we have to give for next season? Here's a rough guess at what our depth chart would look like if we only had our current 10 scholarship players/signees:

1 - RS JR Ryan Woolridge

RS FR Umoja Gibson

2 - SR Jorden Duffy

3 - JR Roosevelt Smart

FR Larry Wise

4 - SR Michael Miller/RS FR Mark Tikhonenko/RS SO Jahmiah Simmons

5 - SO Zach Simmons

SR Tope Arikawe

Obvious spot is we need another JUCO or grad transfer wing who can challenge Duffy or at least give us scoring punch off the bench. Maybe one more player who could play in the post. I'm thinking maybe a 6'6"-6'8" player with some bulk who has range out to the three-point line and can play 5 in a pinch or stretch 4. I also wouldn't be surprised to see us save a spot on a D1 transfer who would have to sit out a year. We should be deep enough to have the luxury of using a spot on a guy who would have to redshirt. 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

What direction do you hope we go with the last 3 scholarship spots we have to give for next season? Here's a rough guess at what our depth chart would look like if we only had our current 10 scholarship players/signees:

1 - RS JR Ryan Woolridge

RS FR Umoja Gibson

2 - SR Jorden Duffy

3 - JR Roosevelt Smart

FR Larry Wise

5 - SO Zach Simmons

SR Tope Arikawe

Obvious spot is we need another JUCO or grad transfer wing who can challenge Duffy or at least give us scoring punch off the bench. Maybe one more player who could play in the post. I'm thinking maybe a 6'6"-6'8" player with some bulk who has range out to the three-point line and can play 5 in a pinch or stretch 4. I also wouldn't be surprised to see us save a spot on a D1 transfer who would have to sit out a year. We should be deep enough to have the luxury of using a spot on a guy who would have to redshirt. 

I don't see a big glaring weakness that has to be addressed.   So I think he will just get the best players he can that fit his system.   NT has several guards that can play the point including Draper. To me, the 2 and 3 are basically the same position and NT has numbers.  

I agree that a taller player to match up with bigger teams is needed in the front court.  However, I am not sure McCasland is concerned. NT may go for a graduate transfer as well as a D1 redshirt transfer.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Would love to see them land a physical imposed type that could help with rebounding and defense.  Think of a more athletic version of what Fuller was supposed to be.

I agree. I was doing some research on possible transfers and came up with this guy. He is a foreign student and we may have some transcript issues with the NCAA to get him qualified. Besides being a rebounder and shot blocker, he plays with his back to the basket and aggressively calls for the ball.

Here is a short highlight:

200w.gif

• Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 5

On 4/21/2018 at 6:26 PM, BillySee58 said:

1 - RS JR Ryan Woolridge

RS FR Umoja Gibson

2 - SR Jorden Duffy

3 - JR Roosevelt Smart

FR Larry Wise

5 - SO Zach Simmons

SR Tope Arikawe

Another shooter. When Smart/Duffy aren't scoring this team looks bad.

Another shooter. For when the backup to Smart/Duffy isn't scoring.

A big. To take up space and defend the post.

Someone with a post game.

OK that's 4 :)

• Lovely Take 1