ODU new stadium info

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

Ran in to Ms. Smith at a hamburger joint off of Fountainview in Houston about 10 years or so ago.  Absolutely beautiful woman and extremely friendly.

Rats!  Missed her by 10 years! I work in that vicinity.

6 hours ago, wardly said:

The UNT golf course was a goat farm...

You mean, before it was a golf course?  Amazing that WKU comes to play us in Denton, without any goats.

3 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Ever been to Cliff's?  That is where I ran in to her.

Nope, I'll have to check it out.  Especially since the start of the 59/610 construction is making it impossible to get to Bubba's.

Edited by Stix

4 hours ago, greenminer said:

Some people/families are determined to live in a certain area.

Speaking for Norfolk only, it is not a matter of choice. Founders in the 1600's settled near the water to have access to the port and fishing and it grew from there. When you visit Norfolk,  you will see everyone is close to water without exception. We have the Chesapeake Bay, two major rivers, and numerous tributaries transversing the city.  Finally, due to the age and density of Norfolk,  if you want to build something new,  it means tearing down an existing structure. There are literally no vacant lots of significance and if they are, you can be sure something stood there earlier.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, letsgiveacheer said:

Speaking for Norfolk only, it is not a matter of choice.

Founders in the 1600's settled near the water to have access to the port and fishing and it grew from there. When you visit Norfolk,  you will see everyone is close to water without exception. We have the Chesapeake Bay, two major rivers, and numerous tributaries transversing the city.  Finally, due to the age and density of Norfolk,  if you want to build something new,  it means tearing down an existing structure. There are literally no vacant lots of significance and if they are, you can be sure something stood there earlier.

It certainly is a matter of choice.  And so....if your personal shit floods....YOU should be responsible to rebuild should you choose to do so....not the taxpayer.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

It certainly is a matter of choice.  And so....if your personal shit floods....YOU should be responsible to rebuild should you choose to do so....not the taxpayer.

Rick

You are right. I'm going to spread the word by contacting the Navy today and tell them the thousands of sailors that live in Norfolk should move inland immediately.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, letsgiveacheer said:

You are right. I'm going to spread the word by contacting the Navy today and tell them the thousands of sailors that live in Norfolk should move inland immediately.

Wrong group.  The Navy?  They are prepared for the water.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

2 hours ago, letsgiveacheer said:

That "NOVA" episode to which I referred mentioned that the Navy installations in Norfolk were concerned with the rising tides and possible effects on their mission. I'm sorry that I didn't record it so that I could quote it accurately.

• Upvote 1