New 2018 commit 4/20/2018 - Larry Wise

BillySee58

7 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

A&M / SMU offers?    Did these just dry up, and he decided to stay closer to home rather than go to Drake?

Either way, I can't wait for this guy to sign.  Looks like he'll be a nice replacement for Lawson.

Easy conclusion is that yeah, they dried up. This is more of an example of being opportunistic, like with guys like Darden and Siggers in football, rather than a legit head-to-head recruiting win against A&M and SMU. Solid pickup any way you look at it.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

Easy conclusion is that yeah, they dried up. This is more of an example of being opportunistic, like with guys like Darden and Siggers in football, rather than a legit head-to-head recruiting win against A&M and SMU. Solid pickup any way you look at it.

Senior year wasn’t as good as his junior year. Another kid (jr) really stepped up. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 5

1 hour ago, Cooley said:

Senior year wasn’t as good as his junior year. Another kid (jr) really stepped up. 

Timeline wise, those schools offered right after his sophomore year, and he committed to Drake back this past December. Seems like those schools moved on from him before his senior year started, since he picked Drake before district play even began during his senior year.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

How is he is rated??

where does he slot in on this team.. 

Got it. Sorry, I didn't quite know what you were asking.  As for the answer, I don't know that either.  Glad to be of assistance.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

Timeline wise, those schools offered right after his sophomore year, and he committed to Drake back this past December. Seems like those schools moved on from him before his senior year started, since he picked Drake before district play even began during his senior year.

I don't know anything about his recruitment or if and when schools backed off. This was just my observation of his junior and senior year when I saw them play. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2