FIU hires new mens hoops coach

13 hours ago, southsideguy said:

I guess you forgot Benford was an assistant when we hired him with no HC experience

Right, because head coaches are born and do not start as assistants before becoming a HC. Just because Benford did not work out doesn't mean every assistant will do the same. I honestly don't care that much if the guy is good or not, but this logic is flawed.

Edited by forevereagle
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, southsideguy said:

I guess you forgot Benford was an assistant when we hired him with no HC experience

Michigan State also knows what it's like to hire an assistant with no HC experience.  Their guy just happens to have 7 final four appearances with 1 National Championship along the way.
Syracuse also knows what it's like to hire an assistant with no HC experience.   Their guy just happens to have 5 final four appearances with 1 National Championship along the way.

I all just depends on the guy you hire I suppose.   We really struck out with Benford.  I hope FIU doesn't fall as hard as we did.