DRC: Examining UNT's 2018 schedule

Brett Vito

I still see us winning 7-8 games.  I think we beat SMU, Incarnate Word, Liberty, UTEP, USM, Rice, and ODU. I think we will win at least one other game against UAB, FAU, UTSA, and La Tech, which gets us to 8. I do think UAB will be the favorite to win the West, but I think we will be in contention all season.

4 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:

11-3 (lose conference championship game, win bowl game)

I think this is the most realistic reach goal... Lose to ark and FAU twice again.  Win bowl game. 

I know you dont want to admit defeat to FAU twice this early... but lets be real. I would be thrilled with this result.

GMG!

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

7 minutes ago, Harry said:

I suspect Liberty will be a lot tougher than people think.

I don't think it will be difficult game tbh. However, Liberty is setting themselves up for future success. They have home and home's with both Virginia and Virginia Tech in the future, Virginia Tech being a 2 for 2. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

20 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Why?
They got trounced by Jacksonville St., Kennesaw St. & Monmouth last year.

They seem to be trending upward, offering a higher caliber of player and making significant upgrades in coaching and facilities.  They just landed the top FCS rusher Josh Mack although he will not be eligible this year.  CJ Yarbrough a 3-star athlete picked them over Virginia according to this article.

1 hour ago, Harry said:

They seem to be trending upward, offering a higher caliber of player and making significant upgrades in coaching and facilities.  They just landed the top FCS rusher Josh Mack although he will not be eligible this year.  CJ Yarbrough a 3-star athlete picked them over Virginia according to this article.

If we lose to Liberty, in either of the next two seasons, similar to losing to the FCS bodybag game we buy each year, it will look horrendously bad, even if they are somehow better than they have been. Losing to them led Baylor to a 1 win season...but they have Big XII $$$ (for now) to lean on. 

We don't have the luxury of giving that school a win--its just a much bigger deal for us to lose to them than it was for Baylor. Want to see recruiting go back to the Danny Mac levels again? Lose to this bunch or to one of the FCS spares we are playing in the next couple of seasons and you'll get to see it...

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1

8 hours ago, oldguystudent said:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again -- 15-0 or GTFO. 

Fire everybody, expel all the students, raise the student fee weekly, tear down Denton, replace it with luxury hotels featuring a Chili's Bar and Grill in every lobby, and for crimeny's sake, get better beer flavors! 

And fire JJ.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1