DRC breaking news -- AJ Lawson to transfer

Brett Vito

3 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

So does anyone want to answer this question that doesn't like him or calls him "Bert Frito"? 

I am just curious what people don't like about his coverage of our teams...

He produces some good stories, but his daily output is just plain sloppy.  Typos and other errors are far too common place and to me it demonstrates a sense of complacency. He also seems to delight in taunting the fan base, but that is just my perception. The lazy writing/editing is a fact. 

Edited by 97and03
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 4

25 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

He produces some good stories, but his daily output is just plain sloppy.  Typos and other errors are far too common place and to me it demonstrates a sense of complacency. He also seems to delight in taunting the fan base, but that is just my perception. The lazy writing/editing is a fact. 

Vito is up and down on his reporting, which you should expect from a beat writer.   I appreciate the coverage of NT.

Those advocating replacing Vito,  don't be surprised when his replacement is nobody. 

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 2

I mean, does Brett Vito cause that much heartache by being the only beat reporter we have in the entire world?

To me, any sins of Vito, that the fans of UNT feel complain about,  are all miniscule compared to those that were caused by those who personally supported and funded RV's lazy ass being here for 15 years while he hired the worst three coaches in our athletic history for each revenue sport...Brett Vito didn't hire Todd Dodge, Tony Benford, or Shanice Stephens. Brett Vito didn't cause less than 2% of the UNT Family to not give two $hits about our athletics to the point that virtually nobody joined the MGC.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Downvote 3

37 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

I mean, does Brett Vito cause that much heartache by being the only beat reporter we have in the entire world?

"That much heartache"?  Jim, you're the one who insisted the thread take this turn.  Pretty much all the comments have said, "He's not that great," "We could do worse," "He's better than nothing."  I don't see "that much heartache" caused by Brett Vito.  Most of us have settled for general mediocrity with occasional glimpses of something better.  That's what UNT fans are supposed to do, right?

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

"That much heartache"?  Jim, you're the one who insisted the thread take this turn.  Pretty much all the comments have said, "He's not that great," "We could do worse," "He's better than nothing."  I don't see "that much heartache" caused by Brett Vito.  Most of us have settled for general mediocrity with occasional glimpses of something better.  That's what UNT fans are supposed to do, right?

Actually, Cooley made it take this turn when he said he wished Vito would be gone...and Bert Frito references got made by one of RV’s pals. I started nothing—just asked the questions that very few have answered.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

On April 12, 2018 at 10:45 PM, GrandGreen said:

Vito is up and down on his reporting, which you should expect from a beat writer.   I appreciate the coverage of NT.

Those advocating replacing Vito,  don't be surprised when his replacement is nobody. 

I am not advocating anyone losing their jobs, just answering the question. But my point is, a little "give a damn" goes a long way. I write for a living (indirectly) and can't make repeated careless errors. So I expect the same from those that do this professionally. 

Here is an example from yesterday:

UNT's key rival Texas-San Antonio looked good on defense, but not that good on offe , for what it's worth.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, 97and03 said:

I am not advocating anyone losing their jobs, just answering the question. But my point is, a little "give a damn" goes a long way. I write for a living (indirectly) and can't make repeated careless errors. So I expect the same from those that do this professionally. 

Here is an example from yesterday:

UNT's key rival Texas-San Antonio looked good on defense, but not that good on offe , for what it's worth.

I would say his editor deserves at least some blame.

• Confused 1