MWC, CSU upgrades! Wow

Wag Tag

52 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

Facilities like this aren't built to aspire to win the Gildan Bowl as a plateau. They'll be getting into the Pac-16 when it turns to 16, book it. 

There is no way the PAC-12 will take them. They want TV markets, which they already have the one CSU delivers with Colorado being in their league. 

CSU is like UH or Cincinnati—solid programs that could be Power teams but they can’t find a league to take them, so they are just stuck in the G5, albeit the Upper end of that level.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

There is no way the PAC-12 will take them. They want TV markets, which they already have the one CSU delivers with Colorado being in their league. 

CSU is like UH or Cincinnati—solid programs that could be Power teams but they can’t find a league to take them, so they are just stuck in the G5, albeit the Upper end of that level.

And if we'd listen to you, RV would still be the AD and McCarney would have just wrapped up another losing season. 

We'll see. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4
  • Downvote 3

20 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Yeah @untjim1995.  You're totally wrong!!!!1!

Not totally wrong. Too difficult to tell. Probable? Oh yeah. 

@untjim1995 is one that loves to state his posts verbatim over and over of things that he thinks will NEVER happen. Then when the impossible to Jim takes place he acts befuddled. I think this hot take of his falls into the same category. Realignment will take place, that is not debatable. Colorado State is at the apex (with a few other schools) of the pecking order.  

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Ben Gooding said:

Not totally wrong. Too difficult to tell. Probable? Oh yeah. 

@untjim1995 is one that loves to state his posts verbatim over and over of things that he thinks will NEVER happen. Then when the impossible to Jim takes place he acts befuddled. I think this hot take of his falls into the same category. Realignment will take place, that is not debatable. Colorado State is at the apex (with a few other schools) of the pecking order.  

Anyway, CSU, like UH, Cincy, UCF, and USF, don’t bring anything to the P5–soon to be P4–table...nothing—especially to the PAC-12, which needs TV sets, of which CSU delivers nothing extra.

CSU is in a much better league than us, so they have extra money for stuff like the locker room and meeting rooms, I’m hoping that this trend of improving athletics here will get us an invite there one day. I’d love to be in a conference with CSU...and they have a much better chance of that occurring than they do of being in a Power League.

Realignment is about TV markets, revenue sports, and academic ranking. Most people know this, but maybe it hasn’t reached the prestigious manager’s office of a dental practice in Denton...

5 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

Anyway, CSU, like UH, Cincy, UCF, and USF, don’t bring anything to the P5–soon to be P4–table...nothing—especially to the PAC-12, which needs TV sets, of which CSU delivers nothing extra.

CSU is in a much better league than us, so they have extra money for stuff like the locker room and meeting rooms, I’m hoping that this trend of improving athletics here will get us an invite there one day. I’d love to be in a conference with CSU...and they have a much better chance of that occurring than they do of being in a Power League.

Realignment is about TV markets, revenue sports, and academic ranking. Most people know this, but maybe it hasn’t reached the prestigious manager’s office of a dental practice in Denton...

The point still stands. 

4 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

Would really like to get CSU on our schedule maybe a 1-1. How much better is the MWC to C-USA? Based on these facilities it looks a whole lot better. It is tough being a tweener.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

No, it really doesn't...

Your never-ending wrong hot takes isn't a point that stands? You weren't wrong about the BOR never letting go of RV? Or of Dan McCarney being here until at least 2019? Because of, like you stated at least 100 times, budget?  I think that point stands pretty solidly. But...As you were. 

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

48 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

Your never-ending wrong hot takes isn't a point that stands? You weren't wrong about the BOR never letting go of RV? Or of Dan McCarney being here until at least 2019? Because of, like you stated at least 100 times, budget?  I think that point stands pretty solidly. But...As you were. 

I guess we'll just have to wait until COSt gets that Pac16 invite to be sure on this one.
r9j94.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

What the hell does that have to do with you saying Colorado State is going to the PAC-12 because of their upgrades of their locker room and meeting rooms?

somebody has been inhaling the laughing gas at the office for their own benefit, so it seems...

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 2

18 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

You don't think that the Denver market can support two teams?  The question is will each have enough fans?  Colorado already does and CSU will if, elevated.    

If the criteria is only one team per large market, why wouldn't Houston and Cincinnati be a P5 in their respective markets?  In my opinion, since cable it really doesn't matter the size of the market but if there are sufficient alumni and fans located within the conference broadcast area to attract viewers.  

6 hours ago, GrayEagle said:

You don't think that the Denver market can support two teams?  The question is will each have enough fans?  Colorado already does and CSU will if, elevated.    

If the criteria is only one team per large market, why wouldn't Houston and Cincinnati be a P5 in their respective markets?  In my opinion, since cable it really doesn't matter the size of the market but if there are sufficient alumni and fans located within the conference broadcast area to attract viewers.  

No, Denver won’t support two teams because the fees that tv’s bring in new markets aren’t there for the PAC 12–since they already have Colorado in the league.

Realignment isn’t that hard to figure out at the P5 level—or even the Upper G5 level. Can you bring in a new market with lots of viewers that we don’t already have? If yes, do your revenue sports have name recognition? If yes, do your academics rank high enough to get research dollars and increased enrollments? If yes, then you can get considered. If no, forget about it, for any part. See UH, Cincy, Memphis, etc...there only hope was the Big XII expanding, which they eagerly said no to, so as to not split the pie up further. And for many of those programs in the Big XII, they have no idea how much longer the P5 gravy train will last, since the GOR expires in 2025 and UT, OU, and KU are the only ones who can be assured of seats at the Power Table in the years ahead.

• Confused 1
  • Downvote 1