Favorite Mean Green Game

hickoryhouse

My top events that I've been in attendance for would have to be:

1.  Tearing down the goal posts, marching them to Fry and proceeding to get excessively drunk and make plans to go to New Orleans.

2. The Stand

3. The Drive

4. Bowl win vs UNLV (first football game ever attended with my now wife)

5. CBI games 2 & 3

6. Final game at Fouts.

Honorable Mention:

Although not a favorite memory, sitting front row on the 50 at the HOD Bowl game against Army was a cool experience.  And had a play or 2 gone a different way, it would have definitely been near the top of the list.

• Upvote 2

As a 'newbie'..

1. The "Stand".  I still get chill bumps when I watch it.

2. The WHOLE 2013 Season.  The Georgia game was freaking awesome as was ALL the road wins!  Ball State was nuts. Ryan has told me stories of the Ball St. O-line puking their guts up right on the line. The reactions and comments made by he and his team mates are priceless!

3. Lance against Mid Tenn.  All that has to be said.

3a. Any time Brelan touched the ball. 

4. Kansas St. 2010 game in Fouts with Chico coaching. That was a hell of a show.

5. Kansas St game in 2012.   Gave them everything they wanted and more.

6. My proudest.... the Alabama game in 2011. The boy went toe to toe with probably the best O-line in the country the whole night.

7. Last but not least. Becoming a member of the Mean Green family!

Edited by DT 90
  • Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 2

People hate it, but...

1.) Number 1 will always be the FIU 7OT game, just because it was the weirdest game i have ever been to. I was going to leave in the 3rd qtr, because it was such a crappy game, and my friend convinced me to stay... 3 hours later, i found myself with about 1,000 other people in the slowest field rush ever...

As far as my proudest games:

You could just peg the entire 2013 season up there. Ball St., Rice HOD bowl., but...

2.)the Stand in the Rice game was just unbelievable... Rice was definitely still in the game on that drive, then Orr, Trice, Lee and the rest of the gang just said eff you and stood up play after play. by the time it was over, i think they had run about 4 minutes off the clock while the ball was inside our ten yard line! We got the ball back and the game was in hand. It was one of the few times in my career that i felt like UNT was a big time program.

3.)Loved the Dunbar monsoon game against middle Tenn. also a game with very few people in attendance, and I wish we could have kept them from scoring.

honorable mention includes tearing down the goalposts against Idaho in 2004 and demolishing SMU in 2014

• Upvote 1

All of the above plus Idaho for our first bowl game.  In 1aa bowl games were a pipe dream now we were heading to one, in New Orleans! Also loved the Nevada game, getting the monkey off our back in a soaker. Beating Texas a&m in the sp then driving home to Santa Fe that night to work the next day.  That 15 minute power nap at the Texas border was gold!

gmg

• Upvote 3

The Stand and the Ball State game in 2013 were my favorites! I regret not being able to go to the Ball State game, but I watched it on TV with my family and the whole room I was in was cheering and hi fiving after that win! I think UNT and (12-2) Northern Illinois were the only ones that beat BSU in the regular season that year. BSU was a hell of a game for sure!

I liked SMU's meltdown against us in 2014, however.. The rest of the season was tough...

Edited by GreenTexan13