Big Question

RiseUNT

To win a championship in Denton in front of the home crowd was sweet and so unique. I loved the sign off of the broadcast tonight, “Goodnight from title town, Denton, Texas. See you for the start of Mean Green Football.”  

Shortest off-season ever!

GMG

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

I was a little concerned about Coach Mac ending his speech to the fans after the trophy presentation by saying “This is only the beginning.”   Bad karma (see UNT football HOD Bowl.)

Told my wife the exact same thing when I heard him say that.

Edited by RBTX
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

I was a little concerned about Coach Mac ending his speech to the fans after the trophy presentation by saying “This is only the beginning.”   Bad karma (see UNT football HOD Bowl.)

i mean from one coach Mac to another... nah i thought the same thing. But tonight its all good and all green!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Difference is, Mccasland is actually a good recruiter and has not let the game pass him up. Among many other things.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

Difference is, Mccasland is actually a good recruiter and has not let the game pass him up. Among many other things.

Lots of other issues also, I don't like beating up the Old Mac too much he had tremendous obstacles to over come. 

Did you see the size of RV? 

All kidding aside I do think RV was a huge burden on the coaches without recruiting budgets and someone  to keep the coaches fired up among lists of other issues that lay a RV's feet. 

16 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

15 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

Well, it does seem worth mentioning that McCarney and Chico could not find a quarterback to even remotely come close to replacing Derek Thompson (a holdover from Dodge) in the next two years.  And maybe, an offensive system similar to what most quarterbacks were playing in high school could have either attracted or been teachable to more recruits.  One thing that stuck out to me, however, is that McCasland seems to possess and project a positive attitude.  I was constantly surprised at how McCarney, Benford, and RV were throwing players under the bus to the media.

Edited by eulessismore
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1